"My Whole World Was Over"♡

Ponyboy
                                point of view

Ever since Dally left, Johnny's become an even bigger nervous wreck; as if he just knew something bad was going to happen. I had an uneasy feeling as well. I knew Dally loved Laura and he would do anything beyond his power to keep her safe but that was the bad part about it. Dally doesn't care if he dies or not, he never did. Whatever he's doing, he doing for Laura and he doesn't care if he's hurt or even killed in the process... and that's what's worrying us all.

                                      Laura
                                 point of view

  >>Flashback<<

I wiped my tearstained face, trying not to allow other drops to fall. "Hurry Laura" Craig's shaken voice echoed through my brain. My body began to shake as the tears formed again. I told myself I can't cry forever but another side told me 'but you can try'.

I took a deep breath and steadied my heart beat. My chest pain began to subside as I stood up from my spot. On my way to the bathroom to clean up, I heard a knock. My anxiety grew. Jay gave me three days to get Dallas to New York.... today was the third. Praying it was Dallas, I slowly made my way to the front door.

I turned the knob to see the nightmare himself... Jay. "Now where is your hubby?" he chuckled.

My breath stopped for a minute. "He's not here" I stated bluntly, trying to keep the fear out of my voice. "Now where's my brother?"

"He's not here" Jay mocked. "Anywho, why exactly isn't Dallas at your place. I told you your limit was three days and today..." he started but I cut him off.

"is the third day. The day isn't over until 12:00 a.m." i sassed.

Jay glared at me. "One way or another you're gonna lose that attitude with me, you understand" he growled.

I returned his glare and didn't move. "Goodbye Jay" I fake smiled and attempted to close the door in his face. He hurriedly placed his foot in between the door and the wall so I only bounced off of the wood. "Goodbye Jay" I repeated, a lot more annoyed than the first time.

Jay chuckled to himself and backed out of the doorframe. "12:00 sharp" he smirked. I gulped and closed the door, letting out a long breath.

>> Hours Later <<

Hours passed and there was still no sign of Dallas. I wasn't worried about myself. It was Craig and Dallas I was worried about. The problem is, my job was to get Dallas here; Jay doesn't really need me anymore...or does he.

The clock showed 11:58 and suddenly, I couldn't breathe. My heart began beating out of my chest and a panic attack was formed. Dallas isn't here and now Craig's going to be punished. Dallas isn't here and now Jay's going to do something to someone I (or Dallas) love. Dallas isn't here and now my whole world is over.

Knock, knock, knock!

                                       <[•]>

EXTREMELY short chapter today and I'm super sorry but I've been trying to catch up on school again. Grades are extremely important right now and I need to focus for that. This story is soon to be coming to an end but no worries, I'll be writing another one shortly! Until next time my loves!
Stay Gold 💛

-erin ☺️