"Don't Even Bother To Visit"♡

"No you're not getting the best of me, not this time" he smiled and wandered into the kitchen. I sweetly smiled to myself and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. Once I looked in the mirror, I noticed how bad I actually looked. My makeup was all smudged, I had a black eye and multiple bruises and scars around my body. Running my fingers over the sore spots, I winced a couple of times but ended up cleaning up nicely. I didn't have any makeup with me at the Curtis' so I just took off what I had on and stepped outside to see the group of boys spread out around the living room eating cake and watching TV.

"Hey, Mickey's supposed to be coming on soon. Everybody be quiet" Two-Bit yelled. I chucked to myself and sat on the couch next to Johnny. He kind of shifted in his seat at first but adjusted and settled down next to me. Dallas eyed me seductively.

I blushed and shifted in my seat before standing up and walking to the door. "Alright, I really should be out of here by now but it was nice meeting you all. Thanks for caring for me by the way!" I waved and stepped outside. I took a deep breath but before I could start walking again, I felt a pair of arms loop around my waist and pull me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dallas' deep, raspy voice questioned, his lips subtly brushing against my ear.

"Home" I replied coolly. He rolled his eyes, knowing I wouldn't let him get to me but he didn't stop trying. He spun me around to face him and pushed my back against the Curtis' wall. He stared at me with his gorgeous mocha eyes as his shaggy hair blew subtly in the breeze. It took all I had not to just kiss him right then and there but I managed. "You know I'm supposed to be back in New York by now right? I still haven't gotten in touch with my brother for days" I sighed.

"Oh come on Laura are you seriously gonna leave me?" he asked. "C'mon I missed you... a lot" he replied, pulling his body closer to mine. Unable to move very far, I pushed his chest back.

"Well if you miss me so much then why not come with me?"

"You know I can't do that. I have a life with actual friends here. I can't leave that behind" he complained.

"Then I guess you'll just have to wait until my next visit" I shrugged and moved past him.

"Why are you being such a bitch?" he almost yelled.

My mouth opened but I bit my tongue. "Dallas, I have to go home" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine then, go home. Go home and leave me behind. You've obviously moved on and I don't even care! Just leave okay? You don't even have to bother to visit" he scoffed.

I used up my strength trying not to do anything I'll regret and I walked away without another word. "Laura..." he started but I didn't budge. "Laura you know I didn't mean that. It's just that-- nevermind, go live your life okay? I'll be fine" he swallowed hard. I turned and slightly smiled at him before continuing to the direction of the car.

Once I got into my car, I drove in the direction of New York. I didn't know if I should or shouldn't come back to this place. Don't get me wrong, it was nice and all but something tells me I shouldn't be there.

                                   Ponyboy
                                  point of view

Dally and Laura sure were something else. Despite their constant obnoxious flirting, they mess around and have small fights and Laura's a lot different than Dally's other broads. He was hardly around because all they wanted was attention from him. Besides, he had this odd look in his eyes when Laura was around him. He wasn't as intimidating as before, he smiled a lot more and you could tell his stress levels dropped and he had a lot more fun.

He really does love her, I can tell. The whole gang was just sitting around watching TV and eating cake when I noticed Dally and Laura exchanging flirtatious looks... again. Laura suddenly stood up and announced that she had to leave and I immediately noticed Dally's expression change. It was like he was mad, sad, and confused all at once.

She thanked us for helping her out and walked out. "Yeah I should be going too" Dally proclaimed and walked out right behind Laura. I didn't know if Laura leaving was a signal for Dally to follow so they can be alone or if she actually had to leave. She'd only been in town for less than a week, she couldn't have a place to stay already. I shrugged the thought off and moved my gaze to Two-Bit tackling Steve and Soda launching cake that the two of them. Darry was yelling for them to stop making a mess and eat the food but it was useless. We all knew that.

<[•]>
So I'm going to start posting shorter chapters again so I can update more frequently. The long chapters are hard to write when you have pounds of homework to get done so I'll just update with shorter chapters now. Anyways, thanks for all of the support I've been getting and I love you guys so much❤️
Stay Gold💛
-erin ☔️