"Ring A Bell?"♡

Laura
                                  point of view

Hours of driving went by before I even realized what was going on. I just abandoned the love of my life after months of not knowing where he went. The look of hurt he wore, the cracking of his voice, and his overall attitude proved to me that he actually loves me and I just threw that all away. He was right, I was being a bitch. The rest of the drive consisted of me silently cussing at myself for being so stupid.

Finally I arrived at New York but something seemed... off. Though the lights were shining bright through the darkness of night, something gave me a dim feeling. It were as if something had happened while I was away. I shook off the feeling, thinking it had something to do with me leaving Dallas and proceeded towards my home.

Before I touched the door knob, I heard a loud car skidding to a halt nearby. I jerked all the way around to see a group of familiar guys walking my way. "Well, well, well. Back so soon?"

                                     Dallas
                              point of view

Laura left and my heart shattered. I was trying to teach myself to control my temper but I'm obviously not doing a good job. I understood that she had to leave. Laura had friends and family and a life there just like I had that here in Tulsa. I knew she was homesick and yet I still treated her like shit.

I changed my broken expression to the tuff one I had before Laura came to Tulsa and stepped back into the house. The gang instantly noticed how my eyes, once filled bright with happiness, were now cold and dark again. I slumped down onto the couch without another word and watched TV with the gang, even though I could feel their eyes burning into my skull.

I heard Darry clear his throat. "Alright guys, money's been kinda rough so I'm taking an extra day at work. I should be back around 8ish. Stay outta trouble" he called, and stepped out onto the porch. Moments later, I heard his truck start and vanish into the town. It was around 11:30 a.m. so we still had the whole day to do whatever we wanted.

I stood up after about 20 minutes of watching TV and started walking to the door. "Goin' walk around, I'll see y'all later" I called and walked onto the porch. Briefly after, I heard footsteps shuffle through the house and to the door. Johnny opened it and peered his small head through.

"Mind if I come along?" he asked. I shrugged and walked out of the driveway. Johnny trailed until he was at my side. "So that's Laura?" he asked. I looked at him confused until he continued with "that girl in there? Is that her?" I nodded, forgetting that he hadn't officially met her just yet. "Where's she goin'?"

"Home" I replied.

"She's from New York?" he asked and I nodded. "So why's she leaving? Somethin' happen between y'all or?" he started and I sighed.

"I'on know man. She just wants to go home okay?"

"I'm sorry Dal. I ain't mean to ask all these questions. It's just that I ain't ever seen you act the way you do with her any other time and I knew she must be real special" he stated. I half-smiled and nodded.

"Oh yeah, she sure is somethin' else. I really do love 'er Johnny. It's like, every time she's around i don't know what to say and i get these weird flips in my stomach and it's just weird y'know?" I replied.

He smiled. "I may not actually know her but she sure does seem like the world to you. Hope this doesn't offend you or somethin' but she's mighty pretty. She seems tough but sweet at the same time. You got yourself a jewel Dal" he chuckled.

I nudged him softly and smiled. "I sure do, don't I" I laughed. Suddenly, I realized that I really didn't. I didn't have Laura at all. I left her to fend for herself back in New York and now she's repaying the favor. I'm on my own and she's not here to help with that.

"What's wrong Dally?" Johnny asked.

"She's gone" was all I said before a mustang pulled up beside us. Looking at Johnny, I noticed how much he started shaking and his eyes grew wide. I furrowed my eyebrows and pushed Johnny behind me. "What do you guys want? Today has NOT been a good day so I'm NOT the person you want to fuck with right now" I snapped.

"Better watch that attitude of yours before your girlfriend gets hurt" a soc laughed.

"What are you talking about? Laura's safely at home" I growled.

"Or so you thought but I'm sure you haven't had the best of luck with protecting things huh? Just look at the dirty little greaser behind you" he continued laughing.

"Now I'm gonna ask this again and if I don't get the answer I want, I'm gonna make you wish you were dead" I snarled, not batting an eye.

"The name 'Jay' ring a bell?"