A Different Life

Ezra's pov

I woke up expecting to be on my bunk, but instead on a twin sized bed.

I stood up confused and looked around realizing I'm not in my shared room with Zeb.

The room was painted blue with some decorative posters on the walls. I looked to my right to see a closet full of clothes.

That's weird, I only have my jumpsuit. I even wear it at night.......wait.

I suddenly realize I'm wearing regular pajamas. It is light blue with tiny ship patterns. When did I get these on?

That's when I decide to get out of my....whoever's room and find my friends.

When I open the door, the hallways are a lot more neater and more decorative.

I go into the common room and everything is completely different.

There's a brown couch on my left with a coffee table in front of it. To my right, there's a bay window, which surprised me because Hera doesn't like random windows around.

Under me is a huge white rug that matched the white walls. The common room has also pictures of us. One is me and Sabine looking like we are little kids drawing.

Wait, did we ever know each other that young?

There was also a picture of Kanan in a suit and Hera in a beautiful white dress. They were both cutting slices of a big cake while looking extremely happy. I could see closely, they both had rings on their fingers.

This picture must mean Kanan and Hera got married!!!!!!!

That's the only believable thing out of all of this.

One picture made me even more confused. It showed Hera in a hospital on a bed with Kanan by her side. There was also a little girl who looked like she was in her toddler years. Her hair was dyed a galaxy color making it look magical.

That young, she got her hair dyed? It must be Sabine then. She has told me before that dying her hair is something she has always done.

What I didn't notice, was that Hera was holding a baby in her arms. It was a boy with short blue hair and blue eyes. The baby was also wrapped in a light blue blanket that had.........

Ezra, written on it.

My eyes widen. That baby was me. So that means......

"Ezra, are you ok?"

I jump in surprise and turn to see Kanan staring at me in concern.

He looks different too. Instead of his usual ponytail, his hair is a shorter length. His outfit is more formal than his old clothes.

"Ezra, can you hear me?" Kanan asks.

"Oh sorry Kanan." I apologize. He looks at me strange.

"Did you just call me by my name?" He asks me.

"Uhhh.....yes?" I say. Am I not suppose to call him Kanan?

"What happened to calling me dad?" He asks.

Wait, dad? He's not my dad. That's when I remember the picture on the wall with me as a baby.

It all makes sense now!!! Kanan and Hera got married and she gave birth to me and Sabine. But it still doesn't make sense.

"Sorry.......dad." I say. It's kinda weird to call him dad. Even though he is like a dad to me instead of a master.

"It's ok son. You're mom is making pancakes, so can you help her set the table?" He asks me.