The Past Hurts

Kanan's pov

Today is the day my master got killed. It's today that I mostly cry or yell at everyone. It always pains me that I could've done something that day to prevent my master's death. But I just ran like a coward.

Only Hera knows why I act this way today. But the rest of the crew have no idea. I haven't even told Ezra. I don't want him to know that I was a coward. I won't let him think that of me.

Ezra's pov

"Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and I are going on a supply run. You and Kanan will stay here and repair the shields." Hera says. Or I will repair the shields because Kanan has been in his room the whole day.

When they all leave, I decide to go into Kanan's room to try to get him out.

"Kanan?" I say knocking on his door.

"What?" He asks in a harsh tone.

"I just wanted you to know that everyone went on a supply run." I say.

"So?" He asks. Wow he's really showing more sass than usual today.

"So Hera said for us to repair the shields." I say.

"I just want to be alone right now." He says a little bit sad.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"I'm wonderful." He says sarcastically.

"Hey I was just asking if you were alright." I say.

"Well why don't you just go repair the shields and leave me alone." He says in almost a shout.

I decided to give up.

"Fine." I say and go into the control room.

Once I was half way done with the repairs, I heard something. It sounded like banging. It was coming from outside the ghost.

I then go back to Kanan's room and knock on his door.

"I told you to leave me alone." He says.

"But Ka-" He cuts me off.

"No buts, I'm tired of you always annoying me. Just go back to doing your pathetic stuff and go away!!!" Kanan shouts.

Well that hurt........

I don't say a word or even move. Something's wrong with Kanan. I know he wouldn't say that stuff. I'm going to find out what is going on.

All of a sudden the banging got louder. I almost forgot about that. I need to see what is happening out there. I was going to tell Kanan but turns out he doesn't want to talk to me.

So I decided to go outside by myself and see what is all that banging. I wanted to take my light saber but Kanan had it. I guess I will have to go out there without it.

Once I'm outside, I look around to see who or what is making that noise. Turns out it's a what.

It's a Fyrnock. (Not sure if I spelled that right.) How did it get here? Probably since it's dark out it came. It was banging on part of the ghost not even knowing I was there.

So I tried to step away slowly till I stepped on a twig. That made the Fynock's eyes look straight at me. It didn't hesitate on charging towards me.

I put my hand straight through where I keep my light saber. Karabast!!! Kanan has it!!!!

I then decided to just run. But the Fyrnock was a lot faster and tackled me.

It dug it's sharp nails into my skin causing me to scream in pain. I was holding it back from biting my face off. But it was scratching me all over my arms, legs, and chest. I was starting to bleed like crazy.

My vision was going blurry. I wanted to shout for help but I felt like I couldn't speak. When I was about to close my eyes and let the Fyrnock tear me to shreds, it suddenly gets thrown off of me. The Fyrnock then runs away.

I then hear someone say my name but I don't know who. That's when I feel someone pick me up and I black out.

Kanan's pov

While I was in my room trying to cry myself to sleep, I hear a scream. It sounded like someone. I decided to leave my room the first time today to see who it was.

"Ezra?" I say searching the ghost. But I couldn't find him.

I then decide to go outside. But what I see causes me to gasp in horror.

A Fyrnock was on top of Ezra who was bleeding all over.

I immediately force push it off of him making it run away in fear.

"Ezra!!!" I shout running towards him.

I gently pick him up and quickly take him to the med bay.

Time Skip........

After I cleaned and bandaged all of Ezra's wounds, I wait for him to wake up.

This is all my fault. I was too busy grieving over my master's death, I didn't pay any attention to Ezra. I even had his light saber so I left him unprotected with that Fyrnock.

I can't believe I let this happen to my son. Wait.....son?

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard moaning.

"Kanan?" Ezra says opening his eyes. I then go straight to him and hug him never wanting to let go.

"Ezra I'm so sorry. If I listened to you before, this would've never happened to you." I say while tears go down my face.

I could feel him hugging me back. "It's ok Kanan. It wasn't your fault." Ezra says.

"Yes it was. I had your light saber and I said those mean things to you because of today." I say.

"You haven't even told me what today is." He says.

"Today is........today is the day my master died. I was a coward." I say still with tears in my eyes.

That's when Ezra hugs me tighter. "Your not a coward Kanan. Your the best master anyone could ask for. Your my dad." He says.

I was shocked. He called me his dad. But I was also happy he thinks of me like that.

We just sat there still in our hugging position till I felt Ezra was asleep on me. I smile and lay him down on the bed.

"I love you my son." I say and kiss his forehead.