The Traitor

Kanan's pov

Ezra and I got assigned a mission to find a new ally. His name is John Roberts. He has helped us in the past with information and supplies.

But we fear the Empire will find him. So today, we have to get John to join the rebellion.

He works at a pet store in Capital City. When Ezra and I walked into the store, we were immediately welcomed by loud barks from dogs in cages.

"I don't think they like us." I joke.

"They are just excited and want us to adopt them." Ezra says while walking towards the cages of dogs.

"Well if that is correct, tell the dogs we aren't here to adopt them." I say sarcastically and head to the counter.

I hear Ezra sigh and he follows me. We don't see anyone at the counter till a man with gray hair and blue eyes comes out of the back door holding cat food.

"Hi, how may I help you?" He asks setting the food on the counter.

"Hi, are you Mr. Roberts?" I ask.

"Indeed I am." He says.

"Well my name is Kanan Jarrus. This is Ezra Bridger." I say pointing at Ezra.

His eyes widen. "I've heard of you two. You guys are part of the rebellion."

"Yes we are. We've come here because the Empire might know your location." Ezra says.

"Really? I've tried to get information to the rebellion secretly." John says.

"Well we all think it would be best if you joined the rebellion to prevent the Empire from finding you." I say.

"Join the rebellion?!?! I can't do that. I'm way too old." He says.

"We understand that. You have a choice to join us. But we still want you to come with us just in case they do know your location." I say.

He sighs. "I'm going to need time to decide."

"We will give you all the time you need." I say.

Ezra and I then go to the seats and sit down.

Ezra's pov

I love animals. I used to always want a pet when I was little. That's what made me excited about this mission.

While waiting for John, I got up from my seat and start to explore the pet store.

There were so many different kinds of animals. My person favorite is dogs so I go back to the cages and hear all the dogs barking again.

"Hello." I say.

"Bark bark!!" One of the dogs says.

"I'm sorry, Kanan said we aren't adopting." I say.

"Bark!!!" He says.

"I know you hate being in the cage, but someone will adopt you. I know it will happen." I say.

I also have a gift where I could talk to animals. It's pretty cool, but very weird too. Talking to animals actually helped me when I was on the streets feel less alone.

I never told Kanan or the crew about my gift. I never even told my parents before they were taken.

I don't know how they would respond to it. I could tell Kanan now, but he would probably not believe me.

"Bark bark!!" The brown dog says from the other cage.

"Wait really?" I ask not believing the news.