Rebekah Imagine

Imagine you wanting to settle down with Rebekah but she can't take another heartbreak.

"Let's run away together! We can go anywhere in the world, just you and me. We'll do whatever we want, just us!" You pleaded as Rebekah shot you surprised look.

You had both been out all day, trying to help the Salvatore brothers deal with another problem, and it made you realize that it would never end. Things would just keep repeating over and over again, and you would never truly be happy. Thinking about that made you sad because you wanted to be with Rebekah but she didn't want to get attached. She refused to get close to you because she was scared something would happen like it always did.

"Are you crazy? What's gotten into you? You haven't talked tome all day, and when you do, you talk nonsense about leaving?" She laughed, shaking her head as she shrugged off her jacket and walked to her room. You lived in the same apartment, as roommates... Nothing more than just roommates. You shuffled behind her, following her to try to convince her.

"Rebekah,I know you feel the same way! I see the way you look at me, and I feel the exact same way! I love you Rebekah." You whispered, knowing she would hear you even as you whispered.

"No, y/n. I can't do this again, we've discussed this before. I am not getting close to you, you'll just end up dead. None of my past lovers are still alive, and I'll be damned if I let you get hurt because I put my stupid feelings before your safety. I'm not making that mistake again, not ever." She spoke in monotone, not revealing any type of hint as to how she was reacting.

"They aren't stupid feelings, Rebekah! I love you, so much it hurts! Don't you understand that, I just want to be with you. I don't care about anyone else, let's just leave and never look back." You shouted a bit too loudly, which was always your problem. You seemed to react to things too quickly.

"I can't y/n. No."

You slowly looked down, not wanting her to see the tears forming in your eyes.

"So you won't even try?" You mumbled out, knowing she heard how hurt you were. You quickly looked up, causing a tear to fall, her face completely blank, like she didn't care that your heart was breaking right in front of her.

She simply shook her head signaling a simple no.

More tears formed but you didn't let the fall in front of her. She wouldn't see you being weak, you promised yourself as you quickly turned around and walked into your bedroom. You slammed the door shut and sat on your bed as tears fell down your face, but you didn't sob or cry. You just sat there with a blank look on your face as the tears kept rolling down.

If she doesn't want to even give me a chance, then I'll take a change on myself.

You called up your friend Tyler and asked if he wanted to go on a trip with you to get away, and he accepted without a doubt, so that night when she left, you grabbed your already packed stuff and left.