Chapter 31 - Before we leave

Clarke's POV

Lexa and I have a meeting today with the ambassadors. My mother will be replacing Kane while he deals with everyone back in Arkadia. It's been two weeks since Bellamy shot Murphy. I'm surprised Octavia didn't kill him, but I think she understood that she had to lock him up and teach him a lesson instead of just killing him and not letting him think about the fact that he nearly killed someone.

Lexa and I get to the room first, as we always do because she likes to get there early and prepare herself for the meeting. I go with her, just to reassure her that it will go as planned. Okay, maybe I do think about the meeting as well, but I know Lexa will defend me.

"What are we going to tell them, Lex?" I ask her.

"We'll have to explain what happened, if they don't already know what happened. We'll tell them the truth. We tell them that we won't be here for a while and that there will be a trial." she says.

"Who will be in charge?"

"All of the ambassadors. The rule will be that they must agree on a solution together, if there's a problem. I trust that Roan will make sure it won't damage Skaikru or the coallition."

"He's Azgeda and the Queen's son, why would he be different than her?"

The ambassadors start walking in and taking their seats.

"I promise that I'll explain why later, Clarke." Lexa says.

I nod and Lexa stands up from her throne, silencing the rest of the ambassadors. My mother hasn't been to any of these meetings, which could raise suspicion to the other ambassadors.

"Heda, why is there a different Skai person here?" the leader of Trishanakru asked.

"Kane, the Skaikru ambassador couldn't be here today." I explain before Lexa had a chance.

He looked over at me and asked.

"Why not?"

"This is the purpose of our meeting. To discuss why he isn't here and why Clarke and I will be leaving for a while. We had someone from Skaikru come here two weeks ago, in critical condition. He was shot three times by one of his own people." Lexa said.

"Is that who's always around that Frikdreina?" the ambassador of Sankru asked?

"She is a human, just like us. The only difference is that she was born with a birth defect." My mother said.

"She's a stain in the bloodline." countered the Sankru ambassador.

"No she isn't. She was born with a mutated hand. I was born with black blood. Both are birth defect, one is looked down upon and the other is praised. We are done talking about her." Lexa yelled.

"Moba, Heda." he said.

"I will be leaving Polis with Clarke and the rest of Skaikru that remains here. There will be a trial held in Arkadia to determine the fate of the person who shot Murphy. While we are gone, all of you will be held responsible for any decision made here in Polis, alert me if it is an important decision that only I can make. Abby will be coming with us, she must return to Arkadia. I trust that you will take Skaikru into consideration while you make the decisions." Lexa said.

"May I ask who shot the guy?" the Podakru leader asked.

"Bellamy shot him. Three times. Octavia took care of him and locked him up right after he did it." I answer before Lexa could.

"Did you not trust him? You trusted him in Mount Weather. What changed, Wanheda?" he asked.

"At the time, he was trying to save us all. Save our people. This time, he wanted revenge for something Murphy did. We took care of him, but I guess banishment wasn't enough for Bellamy. I realize that I was wrong about him. He used to be a brother to me. I trusted him. I have Octavia to thank for not letting him kill him." I say to him.

"She always knows what to do, I like that about her." Indra spoke up.

"Octavia is very special, I am glad she stopped him." Lexa added.

"We should start packing. The trial takes place at the end of the week and we have a council meeting in three days, Commander." Abby says.

"Yes you're right. You are all dismissed. I will see you all soon." Lexa says.

They all get up and leave, Roan is the last at the door.

"Not you Roan, I need to talk to you." she says to him.

"Yes, Heda."

"Make sure they think about Skaikru when making the decisions, please."

"I will, I promise." he said with a smile.

He leaves the room and only Lexa and I remain in the room.

"Let's go pack Clarke, we have a long trip ahead of us." she says.

"Not until you explain everything to me."

"I will in our room, I promise."