Chapter 32: No More Fear

My feet dragged across the floor as the exhaustion of today had set in. I could tell we were getting closer to the camp by noticing the wall that had now been built up. Nearing the gates, panic had erupted from inside.

"He's gone!" A voice shouted from around the campfire. "The grounder's gone!"

As we got closer, we discovered it was Miller shouting. Everyone was panicking due to the fact that the grounder would probably bring back his people.

"What if he brings the others?" Someone murmured as the camp broke out into panic and fear.

"Let the grounders come," I stated, making mine and Bellamy's presence know, both dropping the crates of weapons and blankets on the ground.

"We've been afraid of them for far to long and why?" Bellamy spoke up. "Because of their knives and spears. I don't know about you but I'm tired of being afraid."

"These are weapons, ok." I said, making it clear. "Not toys, and we have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the dropships come, but until then, they're gonna help keep us safe."

"And there are plenty more where these came from." Bellamy spoke up from beside me.

"Tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight." I smirked. Finally we can fight back and defend ourselves against the grounder's who have slaughtered at least 20% of our camp.

>>>>>

Currently me and Bellamy were sat in from of the communication system which connected us to the Ark.

"Are you ready, Bell?" I asked, giving him a nervous smile.

Bellamy nodded, looking really nervous. I placed my hand in his and gave him a tight squeeze of reassurance.

"Can we talk after this?" He asked.

"Of course."

"Mr. Blake," Jaha began. "I've wanted to talk to you for some time now."

"Before you do, I'd like to say something." I interrupted, Bellamy looked at me, his eyes wide with confusion. "When you sent us down here, you sent us to die, but miraculously, most of us are still alive. In large part, that is because of him, because of Bellamy. He's one of us, and he deserves to be pardoned of his crimes just like the rest of us."

"I appreciate your point of view, but it's not that simple." Jaha said.

"It is if you want to know who on The Ark wants you dead." Bellamy said quickly.

There was a long silence but finally the Chancellor spoke up. "Bellamy Blake, you're pardoned for your crimes."

"Now, tell me who gave you the gun." Jaha ordered.

"Shumway."

________________________

Edited: No

This chapter is a bit of a filler but its better than nothing :D I'm just really lazy; especially when school is involved. I have so much planned though for sll my books but first of all I'm gonna finish this one once I get to the end of season 1 in this book then book 2 will come out a month or two after; giving me time to catch up writing on my other books and start on the ones which I've planned in November/October.

Anyways buh-baiiii 😘

PLEASE VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE 🌸

___________________________
Word count: 538