Chapter 35: Arrows

Jasper, Bellamy, Raven and I walked a distance behind Clarke and Finn. Each one of us held rifles, ready for any surprise attack that could happen.

"Sorry for bringing up Clarke earlier." Jasper apologised to Raven.

"That was awkward." Raven said.

"Shut up." Jasper retorted.

"Both of you shut up. Keep your eyes open." Bellamy snapped.

>>>>>

Finally they had arrived at the meeting place. The grounders were nowhere in sight yet and none of us felt at ease.

While Finn and Clarke conversed, I noticed Bellamy kept on staring at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"Someone's coming." Bellamy said.

Shortly after, Octavia appeared, making her way over to the grounder.

"What's Octavia doing here?" Jasper asked, watching closely as Octavia and the grounder hugged. "Oh. I guess we know how he got away."

A group of grounders began to appear, crossing over the bridge by animals.

"Oh, my God. Horses." I gasped, my happiness was cut short when I noticed the grounders had weapons on them.

As Clarke walked towards the grounders leader, Finn tried to follow which resulted in him being stopped by Lincoln.

Clarke turned around and nodded at Finn, telling him that it was fine and that she didn't need to be followed.

"Your name is Clarke?" The grounder spoke. She was a woman, her face covered in war symbols of some sort.

"Yes."

"I'm Anya." The grounder introduced.

"I think we got off to a rough start, but we want to find a way to live together in peace." Clarke started.

"I understand," Anya began, that permanent scowl etched upon her face. "You started a war that you don't know how to end."

"What? No." Clarke seemed flabbergasted at Anya. "We didn't start anything. You attacked us for no reason."

"No reason? The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground." Anya said angrily.

"The flares?" Clarke's eyes widened. "No. That was a signal meant for our families. We had no idea-"

"You're invaders." Anya cut in. "Your ship landed in our territory."

"We didn't know anyone was here. We thought the ground was uninhabited." Clarke argued.

"You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. These are all acts of war." Anya said calmly, even though her was voice full of rage.

"I see your point. That's why we need to put an end to all of this." Clarke stated.

"Lincoln said there are more of you coming down, warriors." Anya identified Clarke's face to see if what Lincoln had said, was in fact true.

"The guard, yes, but also farmers, doctors, engineers." Clarke explained. "We can help each other but not if we're at war."

"Can you promise that these new arrivals won't attack us," Anya raised her eyebrow. "That they'll respect the terms you and I agree on?"

"I promise I will do everything I can to convince them to honour the terms that we set." Clarke said.

"Why would I agree to an alliance that your people can break the moment they get here?" Anya asked, a look of anger on her face.

"Grounder Princess looks pissed." Jasper whispered.

"Clarke has that effect," Bellamy shrugged.

"If you fire the first shot," Clarke began. "Those people coming down won't bother negotiating. Our technology- They will wipe you out."

"They wouldn't be the first to try." Anya said, capturing my attention.

Had someone already been down from the ark and tried to attack them? Was their already people down here with that sort of technology?

"Oh, no. No." Jasper gasped, the three of us turning to look at Jasper. "This is bad."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven asked, looking at him like he was crazy.

"There's Grounders in the trees." Jasper stated, his eyes trained on the trees that surrounded us all.

I looked around to see slight movements in the tree but surely they couldn't be the grounders, that would be too predictable.

"What? Where?" Raven panicked, her eyes scanning over the trees. "Are you sure? I don't see anything."

"They're gonna shoot!" Jasper voice began to get louder, as he shouted out to the group, alerting them of our presence. "Clarke, run! Run!"

"Clarke, get down!" Bellamy shouted out. "Finn, get back! Go, go!"

A whole load of weapons became firing from both sides creating a huge confusion.

The first thing I noticed was Lincoln getting shot with an arrow and Octavia beginning to rush over.

"Unh!" Lincoln groaned.

"Oh my God! Lincoln! You've been hit!" Octavia cried out.

"It's just a scratch. Unh! Okay. Run! Don't stop till you get behind your walls. Go! Take her!" Lincoln cried out as he pointed at me.

"Lincoln! No!" Octavia cried out, trying to reach out for him as I pulled her away.

"Go!" Lincoln called out.

"Octavia, he'll be fine. Lincoln's strong." I stated as i carried on trying to pull her through the forest as quickly as possible. "I promise."

Octavia nodded and we began to run towards the camp.

________________________

Edited: No

Sorry for not updating guys 💓 I've been very busy because I've been trying to update all my books or at least get the ready for my special birthday Update day.

I'll try very hard to get updates back on track after the Christmas holiday. The reason for this is then fact that December is an incredibly busy month.

ITS MY BIRTHDAY! 🎉 ‼️ Please vote/comment and don't be a silent reader :/

Anyways buh-baiiii 😘

PLEASE VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE 🌸

___________________________
Word count: 926