Chapter 6

Hallie.

"I'm not going to hurt you," He said.

The look in his eyes told me I could. Sincerity pooled in the depths of his eyes, like it did in his voice and the way he was standing in front of me. But still, a voice inside my head is screaming not to let this man in. Not to let him see how vulnerable I am and how helpless and in need of saving.

I simply couldn't let this man help me. I can't trust anyone. Not one single person. Then why am I struggling to tell him just that?

What is it about him that made me want to trust him? That made me want to accept the help his offering me now?

I don't even know him. He could be a serial killer for all I know.

I rolled my eyes at myself.

Yeah. Sure. A man who's suit probably costs thousands of dollars is a serial killer. 

You'll never know.

He's too good looking for his own good too.

Great. Now you point out how handsome he is too? What's next?

I sighed.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said again.

As I looked into his eyes, I knew he meant it.

Damien

"Listen, let's get out of the cold night while we wait for my driver. It shouldn't take him long, it he does need to switch cars."

"It isn't necessary. Really. We could walk and..."

I frowned at her and silenced her with one look. "Do you have a death wish? You're apartment is a long way from here."

"I've done it before," she mumbled quietly. So quietly that I didn't think I heard right, because if I did, then I might just shake this woman into sense.

"Let's go," was all I said. I'm so close to losing my temper, I don't want to scare her off. She's already skittish as it is.

As we started walking, my phone suddenly rang.

I looked at the caller ID and it was my twin sister Bella.

"Hey sis," I answered.

"Where are you? I thought you were just going for a walk?" She asked.

"Hey, yeah, sorry something came up and it can't wait. I'll call Mom and Dad later," I said.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'll explain everything soon," I said.

"Okay. I'll see you later then. Love you," she said.

"Love you too, sis. Bye."

"That was my twin sister," I said.

"You have a twin?"

I nodded with a smile. "A pain in the butt twin sister," I said. "My Aunt Liv is having a charity event  at my Uncle's hotel.

"Which hotel?" She asked.

"El Sueño..."

"Who's your uncle," she asked.

"Adam Murray. He's married to my Aunt Ally, who's cousin, Aunt Andy is married to my Uncle Ethan," I said chuckling. "Our family tree goes on for miles. I'd only confuse you if I explain how I'm related to all of them and more," I grinned.