Chapter 23

Hallie

I woke up to the sun shining brightly into my room.  I had to blink a few times before looking around the room, wondering how it could be so quiet. I don't here anything from the baby monitor in Ty and Michy's room.

I look over to the clock to see it was just after seven. 

I stretched and figured Damien has the kids. Then suddenly a knock on the door sounded.

I sat up on the bed. "Come in."

Damien popped his head and smiled. "Good morning," he said.

"Morning."

"I hope you don't mind, but I made arrangements with my parents to take the kids for the day," he began to say.

I raised my eyebrows.

"I wanted to take you somewhere. I figured you deserve a day of fun before the circus begin with your dad and Marcus and everything else."

I smiled at his thoughtfulness. "Are you sure your parents won't mind? Ty and Michy can be a handful," I said.

"Trust me, they don't mind at all. They love kids. Ty and Michy seem taken with my parents as well which works out well in they parents favour because they are completely besotted. Those munchkins have them wrapped around their little fingers."

I chuckled. "If you're sure they don't mind."

"I'm sure."

"Okay," I said. I could tell I've completely taken him by surprise by not putting up a fight.

"Great. Half an hour enough time for you to get ready?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Depends. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. But dress casually and I was thinking, maybe you could bring an overnight bag?"

"Overnight bag?"

"Did I forget to tell you we're staying overnight?"

I rolled my eyes at his antics. "Yes, you did," I said.

"Well, we are, but if by the end of it, you really want to go home then we will. And you don't have to worry because if the kids need us, then we'll head back right away. But I hope that you keep an open mind and that you trust me."

I bit my lip.

"Please," he added.

I nodded. "Okay?"

"Really?"

I chuckled again. "Yes. Besides, looks like you've got everything covered and you've really planned this out."

"I did. Ty and Michy means the world to you and to me too. But you also deserve a break and some time to yourself. It's going to be crazy once Winston acknowledge you as ahis daughter and only heir and I don't even want to think about what we need to do and what might happen after that."

"I know. And thank you."

He dropped a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'll meet you downstairs?"

I nodded. "In half an hour!"

He laughed.

Damien

"Where are we going?" She asked. Again.

"I told you, it's a surprise."

She sighed and pouted making me chuckle.

"Seriously though. Why can't you just tell me where you're taking me?"

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise."