Chapter 29

Sorry for the long wait! I hope
You enjoy this chapter!

Hallie

"How are you doing?" My dad asked.

"Nervous," I said.

He smiled. "Don't be. This is your night. This is the night that everyone will come to know you as my daughter. I couldn't be more proud and happy."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Most importantly, your grandfather is here and he can't wait to meet you. So if you're up to it now, he's love to finally meet you before the whole world does," he said.

"He's here?"

He nodded. "Right outside the door. He gave me a huge sermon about not informing him right away of your existence. In my defence, I only just found out too and I just wanted to spend as much time with you as I can. He's still pretty angry at me for keeping you all to myself," my dad chuckled.

"Let's our his anger to rest then, hey, dad," I winked at him.

"I've said it before but I swear, I'll never get tired of hearing you call me, Dad."

"Me too," I admitted with a smile.

"Let me go get him, before he breaks the door down," he said making me chuckle.

Not a minute pass when my dad walked back in with an older version of himself. My dad is the splitting image of his dad. And well, so am I.

I chuckled nervously.

My grandad—it feels weird saying that—suddenly stopped on his tracks. "Dear lord. She looks just like your mother. My dear Lizzie."

"I am your grandad," he said.

"It's nice to finally meet you," I said, my voice shaking.

"I've lost hope that I'd ever have a grandchild and yet here you are," he said before wrapping me in his arms.

I hugged him right back as tears filled my eyes.

"Welcome to our family! It's been a long time coming," he said as he cupped my face and dropped a kiss on my forehead.

I looked at the two men in front of me and I can't be anything but thankful. I never thought I could ha e this and now. Here I am experiencing the love of a father and now... a grandfather. If only this threat in our lives didn't exist all would be perfect.

"We better get this show on the road. I can't wait for everyone to meet you," my dad said.

I nodded.

"Dad, I promise, I'll fill you in on everything you've missed, but tonight is Hallie's night."

My grandad nodded. "Indeed it is."

"Are you ready?" My dad asked.

"As I'll ever be," I replied.

Damien

"Will you stop fidgeting. You're making me more nervous," Dave said.

"I can't help it. I haven't seen her in weeks. Last time we spoke she asked me to give her space. I'm just not nervous about how she'll react when she sees me at her party."

"Don't worry, she's be so damn happy to see you," Dave said.

"You sound so sure," I said.

"I've seen the two of you together. Trust me she cares about you. More than she'd like to admit."