Chapter 34

Hi everyone! Sorry for taking so long to update. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm back with an update for you guys. I hope you enjoy. I also hope that you are all doing well and keeping safe during this pandemic.

Hallie

"What's wrong?" Damien asked as we were laying in bed.

"Nothing," I said.

"You're not a very good liar," he responded. "I know that something's bothering you. "Talk to me. Please."

I looked at him and pain gripped me. "I just want this to be over," I said.

"Me too," he replied. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you or our kids," he said.

I smiled. "I know. I know that you love us. You love Ty and Michy and no matter what happens, I know that you'll love and take care of them," I said.

"Of all of you," he corrected. "Why are you talking like this?" He asked, worry evident on his face.

I shook my head. "I just want you to promise me that if something happens to me, that you'll take care of Ty and Michy," I said.

He shook his head. "Nothing will happen to you," he said fiercely.

"Please. Just promise me," I begged.

"Hallie..."

"Damien, please. I need to hear it," I begged again.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "I promise."

"And please always remember that I love you," I said. "I love you with everything I am."

He pulled me closer to him. "I don't like the way you're saying these things. You're saying them like you're saying goodbye."

I forced a smile and a nervous laugh as guilt filled me. "I'm not," I lied. "I just want you to know that I love you very much and that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. You gave my life purpose and meaning."

Please forgive me. I'm doing this to keep all of you safe.

"Ditto, baby," he said, before kissing me.

Damien

"Something's wrong. I can feel it," I said to Nate and Dave.

"What do you mean?" Dave asked.

"Hallie. I don't know what, but there's something wrong. The way she's acting and the things she's saying. It's as if she's saying goodbye."

Nate and Dave frowned.

"You don't think she me planning on doing something stupid do you?" Dave asked.

"Like what?" Nate asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know. But... do you remember when I first found her. How she left in the middle of the night?"

"Yeah," the both replied in unison.

"Well what if she's planning the same?"

"Why would she leave?" Dave asked.

"Probably the same reason you have," Nate muttered earning a glare from Dave and a questioning look from me.

"We're talking about Hallie," Dave pointed out. "You were saying?"

"I just have this feeling in my gut."

"Do you think, Marcus got to her?" Nate asked.

I frowned. Could he? I asked myself.  "She made me promise to take care of Ty and Michy if something were to happen to her," then it dawned on me. "Fuck. She's going to give herself up," I said. And I knew my gut is right after saying it.