Chapter 21

I walked into my office and closed the door.

Stubborn. Frustrating. Damn pain in the ass. Sexy.  Incredibly beautiful, woman!

I should be given an award for the kind of self-control I demonstrated just now.

"I want to kiss you so fucking bad," I admitted.

"Why don't you?" She had whispered back.

I shook my head. The hellion just keeps surprising me at every turn.

What was it that she said?

"just kiss me, Damien," she whispered.

"God I want to. You have no idea how much I want to...." was what I responded with.

What a fucking idiot!

I could have kissed her.

I should have kissed her.

I ran my hand through my hair.

"You've completely lost it, Damien," I muttered to myself. "Damn frustrating woman is going to drive me insane, not that the minx haven't already."

Hallie

A knock on the door sounded, just as I was smoothing down the dress I decided to wear to his parent's place.

"Hallie?"

"Just a second," I returned.

"I've got the kids. We'll meet you downstairs," Damien called back through the door.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute."

I took a deep breath and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I'm so damn nervous, my palm's sweating.

"You're being silly," I told myself. "There is nothing to feel nervous about."

I took one last deep breath then turned to leave the safety of my room.

I headed to meet Damien downstairs nervously. As I headed downstairs I could hear the sound of pure joy from my babies.

I smiled. Damien truly was wonderful. He would make a wonderful father to his own kids one day. Then suddenly the image of Damien and a pregnant woman filled my head. The pregnant woman being me. Warmth filled my heart at the thought of carrying Damien's kids.

I shook my head.

"Hallie? Hallie, are you okay?"

I shook my head again, Damien's voice bringing me back.

"Ye-yes," I croaked.

"You look beautiful," he said, as he met me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Shall we?" He asked, holding his hand out to me.

I nodded wordlessly.

"No need to be nervous. You already met my mom and I'm sure my dad will love you and the kiddos too," he assured me. "The rest of my family's excited to meet you and the little ones as well."

"I'm just worried. Worried that I'm bringing danger to you and your family. And Damien, how can they like someone who's bringing that to not only their son, but their entire family?"

"Hallie... the only thing you've brought to me is happiness. I come home to an empty house every day before you. It makes for many lonely nights. With you, Ty, and Michy here, this house has become my home. I look forward to coming home because I knew laughter will greet me and not a deafening silence. And my family has been through hell and back many times over, it's become a tradition," he joked.