2

Niklaus's POV

"I don't think this will work." I said.

"Believe me, Klaus. Give this a chance. I give you a month and if by that time you still don't believe that this kind of method can work, then you may call me and I give you another phycologist number."

"Alright. Talk to you in a month then." I said because I already knew this wasn't going to work.

First of all, I do not care for cuddling. Secondly, how can cuddling someone work as a therapy? This is bloody crazy!

"Klaus, I need you to try this for real. It will only work if the two of you will do your best to make it work."

"I don't even know this girl."

"That's why I suggest you to get to know her and then start the cuddle therapy."

"Fine."

***

I was in the living room and I decided to finally text this girl, named Caroline.

I went to the bar we decided to meet and I noticed a beautiful woman with blonde hair, walking over to the bar while texting, that was when I got a text from Caroline, making me quickly realize that she was Caroline.

"Sorry. Is your name Caroline?" I asked trying to be all polite.

I still don't believe this is going to work but I guess if I try to be nice, the month will become more tolerable and when will be finally over, then we can go our separate ways and I can go back to talk with a phycologist and find an actual way to handle the things I need to handle.

"Klaus?" She asked.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." I said with a smirk.

"You too." She said with a small smile.

"Hello, there! Would you like something to drink or...?" A waitress said with a flirty look.

"Bourbon, please." I replied.

If Caroline wasn't here, things would be played out differently and I would have some fun with the bartender and forget for a while my problems.

"Sure thing, blue eyes." She said and after giving me a cup of bourbon said. "If you need anything, you know where to find me."

"Thanks, love." I said with a smirk and then looked at her and asked. "Would you like to go to a table and talk about our situation or whatever you would like to call it?"

"Sure." I said and we went to a table in the corner where wasn't much people and talk about boundaries and stuff like that.

I took Caroline to a booth that was on the corner with not many people around, so we could talk a little.

"Before we start whatever this is, I would like to make things clear about boundaries and what will and will not happen during this little experiment. " She said.

Oh, bloody hell! Where did I get myself into? Why from all the women there are in the world and in therapy, I had to get the woman who talks about boundaries and probably thinks she's much better than others?

"And I think if we respect these boundaries, we will get along great." She said, ending up her speech.

"Of course." I said trying to seem okay with listening to her talk about the importance of boundaries.

Who does she think I am? Some kind of pervert who is going to use this kind of therapy, that I did not want to be part of it since the beginning, to have my way with her? She might be beautiful but I'm not like that. I don't need that to have fun.

"So... What do you do for living?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I'm a photographer." I said.

In reality, I am a painter but I'm still unknown and I just know that if I told her that I was a painter who still wasn't known, it would be the same thing as telling her that I was a hobo who happened to know how to paint. That's why I chosen to tell her that I was a photographer. I am also a photographer but I only work in that when I'm not inspired and can't create more paintings. The problem of being a painter is that we have a time where our inspiration seems to never end and other times where we do our best to find inspiration but get none.

"And may I know what do you do for living?" I asked to keep the conversation going.

"I'm a journalist." She said with a smile.

We stayed in the bar, talking a little about each other but it was pretty much just the basics and after that, she took me to her place so we could start this cuddle therapy thing.

***

"How's this?" I asked while wrapping my arm around her and pulling her close to me.

"It's good." She said and after a moment of silence, she said. "I'm sorry for making so many questions about your life, your career and... everything really... It's just when you texted me, all my brain did was wondering if you were some kind of serial killer or something. Deep down, I know you are nothing like that but I couldn't help it." She turned around, making us be face to face and only inches away from each other. "I'm sorry if I seemed snob or pretentious or something like that..."

"It's fine." I assured her because, now that she was actually talking with me instead of interrogating me like if I was wanted by the police, I could see that she was just nervous about this and wasn't sure what to expect and who she would have to cuddle with.

When we started to talk, I thought that she was part of those girls who only care about money and how successful people are and that she was just some spoiled brat but now I'm starting to wonder if I judge her too soon and if I could had got wrong my first impression of her.

"No, it's not. You've been so nice to me the entire night and the only thing I did was try to find out if you are a serial killer or if you are not trustworthy. I'm really sorry..." She said and she seemed completely honest about what was saying.

"Don't worry about that, love. We probably just have to know each other better." I said.

I was now being honest too. I don't expect for Caroline to be my new best friend or anything like that but if we have to deal with each other for at least a month, then the best we can do is get to know each other and make things tolerable.

"I would like that." She said and hugged me, then used my chest as a pillow while I stroke her blonde hair.