19

Caroline's POV

Dancing so close to Klaus and listening to him telling me what I deserved and I wanted and all that made me feel something that I wasn't sure what to call it. One thing I know is that he could make me feel very special just with words.

After dancing with Klaus, I went back to my date and tried my best to not think about Klaus or what he said and just focus on my date but it was too hard.

I went on this date because I knew that feeling attracted to Klaus, my cuddle buddy, was going to ruin everything and I deserved to see what's out there instead of being all the time working.

After the date, the guy took me home and tried to see if I would invite him in but he had no luck. I quickly went to my bedroom and took my shoes, quickly feeling relief. I was about to get on something more comfortable when my phone buzzed.

'Hello, Love! So how was your date?'

'How do you know it's over?'

'Because I saw you both leave the bar and I know you are not the kind of girl who sleeps with a guy in the first date.'

'You don't know that. I can be reckless sometimes.'

'Are you saying that you are on your date while talking to me? Either way doesn't seem like a good sign.'

'Okay. I give up. I made him leave.'

'Do you want me to go there? I know your best friend is there but...'

'No. Don't worry. I don't want to get in the middle of whatever is going on between you and that girl you are with.'

'I'm not with her.'

'I'm not going to ask you to come because it's not like I can't be without you. You can come if you want.'

'Alright, then.'

What is that suppose to mean? He is going to appear or not? Great now I seem all needy...

I heard the door of my room open, making me turn around and see Klaus.

"How did you get here?"

"Emergency key." Klaus said and I nodded. "So... why Mr. Boring isn't here?"

"Because I didn't want to rush into things." I said and he looked at me. "Fine. Because I didn't felt that sparkle, that connection."

"I'm sure he felt it. How could he not with a beautiful and incredible woman like you." Klaus said, making me blush slightly.

"That's not everything." I sigh.

"What's wrong, Love?"

"I just... I haven't been on dates for awhile and I miss dating. I miss those first dates where you are getting to know the person and everything is so new and so incredible and we feel that rush when we talk to them. Now... you're right. My life is just work."

"Love, that's not what I said. What I was saying was that you could have a much better life and that you deserved to have more than what you have. But you have a life, you have a work that you like, you have friends and you have a beautiful apartment that is your own. You have a nice life. About dating... I'm sure when you won't expect you'll find yourself falling for a guy and be having those dates."

"You really think so?"

"I know so." He said and I hugged him.

"Do you think you can stay?" I asked him.

"What about your friend?"

"You could sneak out in the morning..." I said with a smile asking him for do me this favor.

"Fine. I guess I'll stay." He said, making me smile.

I took a few comfy clothes from the drawer when I felt Klaus's arms wrapped around me.

"You owe me one." He whispered and kissed my shoulder.

"Fine. Now let me go so I can go change." I said and he let go of me.

I went to the bathroom to put on a top and some shorts that are for when I stay home, I took my makeup and went back to the bedroom where I found Klaus laying down in my bed, under the covers, with a smirk and shirtless.

I lay down next to him under the covers and when he spoons me, I notice that the lack of pants in his part.

"Are you just in boxers?" I asked.

"Yes. Tonight it's hot." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going to waste my energy to argue with you about this." I said and closed my eyes.

Suddenly I felt him pulling me closer to him and then his hand moving slowly up and down, I didn't said a word because it felt good. Without noticing his hand got under my top and he was caressing my waist with his hand.

"Do you like it?" He whispered.

"Hmmm..." I sounded while feeling his touch.

"Does it feel good?" He whispered and kissed the crook of my neck.

"Yes..." I moaned unintentionally, then he keeps kissing my neck and finds my sweet spot. "Klaus..."

I turned to his side and started kissing his neck, making him moan my name, leaving then a trail of kisses to his lips but never touching them.

"We can't do this..." I said focusing on the small part of rationality I had left.

"I know... But I can't help it."

"Yes, you can. You need to." I whispered.