34

No One's POV

After Rebekah left Klaus's place, Klaus quickly texted Caroline because today he wanted to spend the day with her. Caroline has been the one who's been there for him whenever he needed and it was the only one who was able to make him calm down and actually be happy for awhile, when he wasn't thinking about his problems.

Caroline spend her day with Klaus and loved it, they talked, cuddled and even tickled each other... and yes, a few small kisses on the cheek and on the shoulder were shared but not much more happened. Usually when they are together is Caroline the one talking and Klaus the one giving her sweet kisses to comfort her but today it was Klaus talking about his situation/problem and Caroline the one kissing him sometimes to comfort him.

"I should have known that he would do something like that." Niklaus said upset.

"You has no way how to know that your father would do this. No one would even guess that he would be like this when you were still trying to get on your feet and be independent."

"Well, I should know. He always did things like that. When he saw I was winning something, instead of congratulate me he just reminded me of all the times I lost and everything I was a failure in. He could never be happy for me. I should have known he wouldn't just let me be independent." Niklaus said and Caroline gave him a peck on his cheek.

"You can't keep thinking about this. What matters now is that you are being strong and are trying to built your own life at your own expenses and you will see that this will all be worth it when you look back and be able to say 'I got this with no one's help', now might be just an apartment but then you'll look back and see that you got your own home, that you began a new chapter of your life where you built a life where you don't have to ask anyone for money or give explanations or ask for permission."

"You are truly remarkable, Love." Niklaus said impressed at how Caroline could see such good things when all he was seeing his pain and ways of things going awfully wrong to him. "Do you really think this might be the beginning of something good for me?"

"Of course I do. I think your future holds many good things for you. I don't know everything that happened in your life but I know you went through a lot and I'm sure soon the universe will repay you and give you a break." Caroline said and kissed his cheek. "I believe in happy endings but I also believe that we have to work hard to get them, that's why I want you to see that this can be the beginning of something good." She said and kissed the crook of his neck. "You deserve it."

Niklaus was enjoying her telling this things and kissing him, but he also knew that he had to control himself to not lose her which made it hard for him, no pun intended.

"Do you really think I'm going to be strong enough to be able to do this?" Niklaus asked to try to think about anything but Caroline kissing him.

"I know so." She said and kissed his neck. "You are strong..." then kissed his jawline. "And brave..." then kissed his cheek "And determined..." then kissed really close to the corner of his lips "And tough..."

"Caroline..." Klaus groaned and felt himself not being able to control himself anymore. He no longer just wanted to be with Caroline. He needed to be with her. He needed her more than anything.

"Hmm..." She hummed and then she moved her head and looked at his lips, noticing how close their lips were.

Caroline felt Klaus's hands in her hips and looking at her lips, then lean in and felt how it was to be about to kiss, that feeling that made their hearts race and feeling excited and anxious and feeling each other's breath in their face. Klaus was about to break the small space to kiss her and when was about to feel her lips in his, he felt her nose moving, caressing his nose, if it was another time and with someone else, he would get upset and just kissed the girl but he enjoyed this feeling he was having of almost kissing her and having her be so affectionate to him. He let his forehead rest in hers and enjoying Caroline moving her hands to from his neck to his hairs, then having her grabbing a few of his curls while caressing his nose with hers.

Caroline just kept being like that with Klaus without saying a word to enjoy this moment as much as she could. She knew she shouldn't be like this with him because they were cuddle buddies and this kind of things could ruin everything but it felt too good and she didn't want this moment to stop.

Klaus moves his hands from her hips to her legs and grab them so he could get up without having her to get some space from him, then he started to walk over to his bed but then felt her forehead resting in his and saw her closing her eyes, enjoying being this close to him. He couldn't stop himself and made her back get pressed against the wall, making her open her eyes with a gasp.

"You're driving me crazy, Caroline." Klaus groaned. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for the moment to kiss you and then you just keep teasing me...? That's not right, Love."

"But it's so good..." she whispered and then Klaus's hands moved to her ass and squeeze it.

"Klaus..." she moaned.

"I can't control myself much longer..." he whispered, while taking her to his bedroom and laying down in his bed, on top of Caroline.

"Neither am I." She whispered.

She had no idea what it would happen next, all she could do was enjoying the moment they were having.

When they leaned in and thought they would finally have the kiss they've been desiring for so long, Caroline's phone buzzed, interrupting their moment. Caroline had no idea if she should curse her phone for interrupting her moment and stopping her from kissing Klaus or thankful because she had no idea what would happen if they kissed.

"Hello?" She said and then saw it was Stefan so she asked how was his research for a house, making Klaus get out of her.