35

No One's POV

It's been a few days since Caroline faked to be sick in order to have a day off work for the first time. Caroline hated to lie and to not go to work like she knew she should but she also knew that even if she went to work she would spend the entire time thinking about Klaus. That day was also the day Klaus and Caroline were on the verge of giving into the temptation but Stefan's call avoided things from happening and after the call ended they just cuddled.

Caroline has been there for Klaus as much as she could and she found herself spending a lot of her free time with Klaus, they sometimes went to the park or to a bar but usually they spend their time at Klaus's place and because many times Caroline slept there, Klaus made her get a few of her outfits in there in case she would wake up with hurry for work, just like Caroline as a few shirts and two pairs of jeans at her place for Klaus when he has to go to someplace in a hurry.

Today Klaus was completely pissed because his father take down all of his counts. Klaus knew that his father wasn't going to give him anymore money but was hoping that he wouldn't take down his counts in the bank because even if his father wouldn't give any more money, it still had a good amount of money. Niklaus had to talk to someone so he texted Caroline but she said that she could only talk at lunch, so he decided to make some time and drink some bourbon to try to forget what his father is doing to him.

After a few drinks he heard someone knocking at the door and he opened in hopes that was Caroline but instead was Jane. He still talks to her sometimes but they don't hang out as much because lately he is been able to be more with Caroline.

"Hey! I was at the bar and heard accidentally your brother Kol talking with your sister about your father taking down your counts of the bank. I know you probably don't wanna talk and that I'm not the person you want to talk about this but I wanted to check on you."

"I appreciate that, Jane. It's good to know I still have you even after what happened."

"We knew that wouldn't be forever." She shrugged. "But how have you been handling all this?"

"Not as good as I wished. I thought that in the moment I left that house things would start to work out for me but no... Of course it wasn't going to work out. When do things actually work out for me? When I'm finally able to get over something or solving it, something else comes to destroy my happiness. I can't ever catch a break. I can't just win, there's always going to happen something to stop me from being happy." Niklaus said angry at his life.

"I know this sucks but I'm sure you will get through this." She said, trying to cheering him up.

"Why should I keep fighting? It always ends the same way." He said tired of having his life, a life where he could never be happy for a minute.

"You can't think like that, Klaus. You will figure this out and show your father that you are everything he wished to be."

"Oh really? So he wishes to be weak?" Klaus asked.

"No... he wishes to be strong and caring and loved. He is just jealous of you because you are that. He is jealous of how you can always find a way to get through every obstacle and how you have people who care about you and how you go after your dreams unlike him who just does whatever he needs to so he could have money and power. You have people who truly care about you and that's something your father doesn't have and probably never had or will have. You are important to people and he? He is just a boss of something. No one truly cares about him. And you have people who truly care about you."

"Like who?" Klaus asked, taking a sip from the bottle of bourbon.

"Like your siblings, like Caroline, like me. We all care about you. I care about you." Jane said. "You are amazing and when people get to know you, the real you, it's impossible not to care about you."

"Do you really think so?" Klaus asked because he always thought that only his siblings truly cared about him and was because they were his siblings so they kinda had to.

"I do." Jane said and kissed his cheek then hugged him.

"Thank you for coming here." Klaus said when they broke the hug and then Jane kissed him out of the blue. "What was that for?"

"I just though that maybe you need it. I know we are done when it comes to be friends with benefits but I thought you might needed." Jane said.

"Maybe I needed but we can't do this anymore. We might be single but we agreed on being just friends."

"I know. Can I just have one last kiss? Then you don't have to worry about me kissing you or anything like that." She said so Klaus kissed her a little too aggressively.

"Not a kiss like that. Just let me kiss you for the last time and we don't have to even talk about it again." Jane said and kissed him softly, taking her time till things got heated.

"I'm here for you whenever you need." Jane said and gave a peck on his lips then left.