25

Niklaus's POV

It was night and I asked Caroline to spend night with me. We were now in my bed cuddling and there was a weird silence between us.

"Did you met your friend Jane today?" Caroline asked.

"Yes."

"And did you guys did it?"

"Yes."

"Was she good?"

"Yes. But she was never able to make me as hard as you make me."

"Klaus... we can't. Even if we feel attracted to each other, we can't just give into it. We started this to help each other and... one of the reasons why when we start with this therapy I made all those rules was for something like this not to happen. I care about you and I love to hang out with you but if I give into whatever this is... I will ruin everything and I don't want that to happen. I prefer to have you just as a friend instead of losing you forever. If you don't agree with that, I can call Dr. Fields and ask for us to stop doing this and for him to find another thing that could help us... I just... I don't want to lose you. You're one of the most stable things in my life and I don't want to even try to picture not having you there for me." She said with a broken voice by the end.

"I don't want to lose you neither. That's why I'm doing the best I can to try to forget this attraction I feel for you." I admitted.

"I don't really approve the way you are doing to accomplish that but I'm still thankful for you trying to make this work. It means a lot to me." She said.

*Next Morning*

After I had made breakfast for me and Caroline, we went to the couch to cuddle and talk a little about us.

"And that's why my sister Bekah always calls me in storm night." I ended the story.

"Awww! That's so sweet." She said and gave me a peck in the cheek.

"I wouldn't say sweet but alright." I said without knowing exactly what to say. It was new to me but since I met Caroline I found myself feeling new things.

"Can I ask you something about your friends with benefits?"

"Yes. The worst it can happen is me not answering." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you afraid that you or one of the girls start to have feelings and everything gets complicated?"

"No. I know it's pure physical and I've been hanging more with Jane because she's the one who understands that the best."

"Why do you have this kind of relationships with them? I mean, it won't be hard when you want to stop it."

"No because we agreed on no strings attached."

"That's all very nice but when we fall for someone it's not because we want it, it's because it just happened." She said.

"That's a risk we take." I said. "How about we change subject?"

"Okay. What do you have in mind?"

"How's things with your friend?"

"He is still looking for a place. It's all too pricey." She said and I nodded.

"But he plans on moving out, doesn't he?"

"Yeah. He probably wants his privacy. Specially now that he got a girlfriend. It is a girl from his past. It's a nice story, they were apart for years and now back together without even planning on it..." she said and I just shrugged.

"Maybe. That can be just coincidences."

"Or destiny." She said.

"Do you truly believe in destiny?"

"Well, I don't think everything in our life is already destined to happen but I believe there's certain things that are meant to happen to us for some reason, even if we don't know why right away."

"Do you think it was destined for us to meet?"

"Maybe..."