43

Caroline's POV

I was now at Klaus's apartment and he didn't said a word after I told him that I didn't want to talk about it. Most people would probably keep trying to make me talk but Klaus understood me and respect that I needed some space and silence to process everything.

We were on his couch and my mind only kept repeating what my father said and how he told me that he didn't want me. I couldn't fight myself anymore and let out a sob that was followed by tears.

"Come here, love." Klaus said, pulling me to his embrace and I just let myself cry in his chest because I hadn't enough strength to push him away or fight the urge of crying.

"Klaus..." I called him after awhile of just crying in his chest, then got out of his embrace to look at him. "Why didn't my father wanted me?"

"Because, like he said, he was stupid." Klaus said and I let out a few tears.

"I shouldn't even be born. It was a mistake. He admitted that. I'm a mistake. I'm unwanted."

"Your father didn't want you before but he wants you now. Besides, you are very loved, you were loved by your mother, you are loved by your friends... you have many people who care about you, and I'm one of them. I care about you and, to be honest, I don't know how it's possible your father leaving you because I have known you for almost a month and I already can't picture myself without you in it. I could never leave you and it surprises me that anyone is able to do that to you."

"Maybe you are going to leave me too. Maybe you say that because we only have known each other for a month and probably with time you'll get bored with me. Eventually everyone does. Even my own father..." I said.

All my life I felt rejected or betrayed and everyone ended up hurting me at some point and probably that all happened because I end up boring everyone and making them run away from me.

"I don't care about many people and caring about you as much as I do in such a short time says something..."

"Says that you are not used to girls saying no to you..." I said rolling my eyes, making him smirk.

"No. It says that even someone who doesn't get attached, cared about you in a very short time, meaning that you don't bore people and that you are someone who is special because has this light and personality that makes people care deeply about you. People might see you at first as just a pretty face but then they get to know you and see you are way more than that." Klaus said and I hugged him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and got in his lap so I could be truly close to him, because I felt in need of physical contact but not just any kind, I needed his physical contact, I needed to be in his arms, where I felt comforted.

"I'm here for you..." He whispered with his arms wrapped around my lower back.

Hearing those words never felt so good... It always feels good but right now those words were what I needed to hear.

"I couldn't handle this without you." I whispered, letting my fingers travel through his hair and grab some of his curls.

"Of course you could. You're stronger than you believe." He whispered and gave a peck on my shoulder.

I kept my hands on his hair but moved so I could look at him in the eyes, with his hands still on my lower back. I rest my forehead in his, making him give me a small smile and then I close my eyes, feeling his breath on my face and how close we were. It felt really good and it made me want to be like that for the rest of my life.

"I'm really glad I have you in my life." I whispered to him.

"So am I. I would still be a complete disaster if it wasn't for you." He whispered and moved his hands to my ass, pulling me to him while he got up from the couch, making me wrap my legs around his waist.

Next thing I know, my back are against a wall and Klaus is very close to me, still with our foreheads resting on each other but now his hands are grabbing my tights and my hands are one his neck.

"I'll always be here for you, Love... No matter the time, the day or what might happen. You'll always have me." He said, making really hard for me to not kiss him.

"And I'll be here for you. Whenever you want, whenever you need... I'll be here for you." I whispered and he started to lean in to kiss me, I also lean in because I couldn't be strong enough and wanted, or better yet, needed his kiss, I needed him.

"No..." He whispered when we were about to kiss, making me look at him confused. "Our first kiss won't be like this. The moment our lips touch it will be when you will accept to be fully mine: body, mind and soul... Just like I'm yours."