37

Caroline's POV

I just got home from work and saw a note on the coffee table near the letters, it was from Stefan saying he was going to spend the night at Rebekah's. I then looked at the letters and were bills and more bills until I reach one that didn't said who was from, I put the rest of the cards in the coffee table and opened that letter.

'Dear Caroline,

You have no idea how many times I wrote this letter and how many times I lost courage of sending you this.
I know what I did was wrong but I wanted to ask you to give me a chance to get to know me. I am your father and I didn't act like that, I want to make up for the lost time. I want to get to know you and see what happened to my little girl. I want to be the father you deserve to have. I hope you give me a chance.

I love you,
Your father'

How dare he? After years and years of making me wonder if he was dead or not, he sends me a stupid letter wanting to get to know me? Why now? Where was he when I needed a father? But... what if he has a good explanation? I don't know what to do.

I called Klaus to ask to meet me at my place as soon as he could, the moment he got there, he didn't even knocked on the door, he used the emergency key and got in, finding me in the couch reading the letter over and over again.

"Caroline... are you okay?" He asked and I got up and went to his arms.

"No. I'm not okay." I said and cried onto his chest.

"What happened, Love?" He asked when I started to calm down. I couldn't talk about it because it hurt too much so I gave him the letter so he could read. "What are you thinking in doing?"

"I don't know. I mean, he wasn't there for the most part of my life and from the blue he decided to get in touch... I'm still processing everything." I said, seating down in the couch. "Why now?"

"He is the one who can answer all your questions, Love." Klaus said seating down next to me and wrapping his arm around me, letting me rest my head in his shoulder.

"I don't know what I should do. I mean, what if I go and get disappointed or if he breaks my heart again? Or what if I don't go and regret forever?"

"I wish I could help you with this, Love, but this is a decision you should make by yourself."

"I know..." I said and then gave a peck on his cheek. "Thank you for being here for me."

"Always." He said and I was about to kiss him but he look to the other way, preventing the kiss from happening. "What do you say about watching what's on tv?"

"Why from the sudden you're rejecting me?" I asked hurt. It was probably the fact that I was showing him my vulnerable and insecure side. "No. I get it. I'm going to my room. Stay. Go. Do whatever you want."

I was trying to seem only upset but I was very hurt with having Klaus rejecting me. He was always there for me and gave me all those compliments and was always so affectionate and now...? I probably scared him away with my vulnerable side or maybe he is just over him. I rejected him so many times that he probably decided to move on.

I was laying down in my bed, looking at the wall, angry at myself for letting Klaus see this insecure side I have, I was angry at Klaus for making me feel attractive and special so then he would rejected and I was mad at my father who decided to give a sign of being alive after so many years.

My life seemed okay when the day start how did that stupid letter had the power of turning my life all chaos?

I suddenly felt the mattress going slightly down because of the extra weight and then Klaus's arm wrapped around me.

"I'm going to be always here for you, Love. I just don't think it was the best time for us to kiss. You were upset and you were in need of comfort and... for how much I would love to kiss you and please you... I don't want to be like that. I don't want you to regret it after." He said, making me feel slightly better and kinda silly for getting so mad at him not kissing me. "Please don't be mad at me. That's the last thing I want."

"I'm sorry." I said, turning to face him. "I shouldn't have acted like that. I should be thanking you for not letting me do something I could regret later. Not that kissing you would be something that someone could regret just... what I mean is thank you for being so amazing and be there for me when I need you and for making sure I won't do things I could regret. Most guys would just go with it and leave the morning after or something... But you stayed and didn't let me do something that would make me feel really embarrassed. Thank you for always being here for me."