36

Niklaus's POV

I can't believe what happened. I shouldn't had agreed on Jane giving me one last kiss. I like her as a friend and I didn't want that to get ruined. Mostly important, I didn't want Caroline to be upset with me again. I almost lost her once, I thought it would be the end... Caroline is too important to me, I can't hurt her.

You know what? I'm just overthinking. Caroline's doesn't know about anything and she doesn't need to. Jane said it was a last kiss just to say goodbye to being friends with benefits. Probably if I tell Caroline what happened, she will decide to stop being my cuddle buddy and maybe even stop talking to me. I can't let that happened.

After awhile, someone knock on the door and when I opened the door, I saw Caroline, making me smirk. Just by looking at her, I forget about everything even if it's just for a second.

"Hey! How are you? I'm on my lunch break, meaning I can't stay long but... Do you wanna talk about what happened? You seem upset in the text." She said after getting in.

"I'm better now." I said and she just look at me. "My father decided to take down all the counts I had in the bank. He says that since I'm being independent I can't use those counts because it was him who transferred money to my count."

"Seriously? I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I feel so useless. I want to help you and I can't find a way..." Caroline said, making me once again surprised by her kindness and selfless.

Caroline could be having lunch near the office to save some time but instead she went to my apartment to see if I was okay.

I told her all about my father and how I'm thinking on dealing with the money problems, then she told me a bit about her job and before I knew it, she was gone to work.

When she was with me, I found myself wonder if I should tell her about Jane kissing me but I opted for not telling her. It would only cause another fight and it was one last kiss so it's not that big of a deal.

I decided to go to Jane's place to make sure she knew that we were just friends and nothing more.

"Klaus... what a surprise." She said when opened the door.

"Hi! May I come in?"

"Of course. Make yourself at home." She said with a smile, so I got into her place while she closed the front door. "May I know the reason of this surprise visit?"

"I think we should talk about what happened in my apartment." I said. "I like to spend time with you and you are a good friend but I don't want us to go back to having sex. I and Caroline are finally okay again and I don't want to screw that up. She is very important to me... but so do you. That's why I want us to be just friends instead of ruining things."

"You just had issues with Caroline because you were dumb enough to tell her that you were having sex with your friends. And like I said before, it's fine. I liked the kiss and I'm okay with being our last. I know I shouldn't kiss you but I wanted to be there for you and I know that when you're stressed out what I do that makes you calm down is sex or making out for a little bit. But I'm going to try to find a way to be there for you without being like that."

"Thank you. I'm glad I still have you in my life." I said because right now I needed all the good friends I could get.

"Of course you do. Whatever you need, I'll be here for you. And you can trust me, I won't tell anyone about whatever you wish to talk about or do..."

"Do?" I asked because I thought it was clear that we should be just friends.

"Yeah, like if you tell me that you want to move town or change jobs or something. I'm here for you..." She said.

I cursed myself for thinking that she was trying to make a move on me or something like that after agreeing on being just my friend.

I stayed awhile to talk with her, and drink a little, I told her about how Caroline spend the entire day with me when found out that my dad was going to stop from helping me out financially and how he finally truly opened up to her.

"And did anything else happened?"

"No, we did not kiss nor had sex." I said already knowing what she was thinking. "She's not like most girls. She gives fight and she thinks of every scenario before doing something. But when she knows what she wants, she fights for it. And she is always there no matter what."

After talking awhile about Caroline, it was Jane's turn to tell me about her life and how she decided that she's still not ready to go back to have a serious relationship. I understand her, she cares a lot about Danny and things didn't work out... a person can't just move on in a blink of an eye, it takes time.

"I just wish we didn't had to go through all this pain and heartbreak before we find the one person we'll end up with." Jane said finishing her glass.

"I know, I know." I said.

I understood that very well that's why I had one day that decided to not have any kind of serious relationships.