41

Niklaus's POV

Caroline is driving me crazy... We had that moment that turned me on but also made me realize that Caroline is thinking about me and the date that I want to take her if she accepts being more than cuddle buddies. I know she wants us to be professional and rational and have boundaries because of the therapy but how can I control myself around such a beautiful, kind and amazing woman?

Caroline and I were now on my bed and I had my arm wrapped around her, pulling her as close to me as possible.

She was wearing my t-shirt and even if I saw other women wearing my t-shirts, Caroline is the only one who seems to look perfect in my clothes. How did this happen? Last month I didn't even knew about her existence and now I'm like this... How is possible that in such a short time she got such an effect on me? How was she able to make me care about her so much in such a short time? For how much I ask myself those questions and more, I can't find the answers, I just know that Caroline Forbes is not like any other woman I encounter and that there's no one like her.

There was a time that I would say that no woman would make me want to settle down or to have a real relationship but Caroline change all that and the more I get to know her, the more I realize that I want to be in a couple and do all those things that make others want to puke... And I want all that with Caroline and no one else. The question is: Does she want that with me?

***

I woke up with Caroline's head resting on  the crook of my neck and with her hand in my chest drawing invisible circles with her index finger.

"Good morning, Love!"

"Hey..." She said with a small voice, making me realizing she was not okay.

"What's wrong? Did something happened? Did you get any bad news? Is everything alright with you?" I asked concerned because without me realizing, in less than a month Caroline made me care about her deeply and be one of the most important people in my life.

"It's nothing... I'm just stressing out." She said.

"Someone once told me that it's important to vent and talk about our feelings and issues." I said reminding her of what she said to me more than once.

"I know... I just think it's me overthinking."

"I still will be glad to hear it." I said and she lift her head letting me see her face and her eyes for the first time today.

"Do you really wanna hear me be all stressed out in the morning. You just woke up. I don't want to bother you right away with my overthinking." She said.

"I'm here for you, being for cuddling or to listen to you talk about whatever you need or want to talk about." I said and she gave me a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"My dad texted me, saying that he would like me to go on a coffee with him. A part of me wants to go and ask a billion questions but there's also this other part that is afraid that he will only hurt me more. I want to give him a chance to explain but I don't know... And what if he has a good excuse but then gets to know me and I'm not like he imagined and am only a disappointment...? I want to give him a chance but I don't know if I'll be able to handle losing him all over again."

"If he is a smart man with half of your intelligence he will realize that you are the daughter every parent desires to have and that he was a complete wanker to leave you. You could never be a disappointment to him nor anyone. You are the most amazing person I know, and I have known many people. And if he hurts you again, I'll be here for you and I'll try my best to comfort you and support you and show you that you are a strong woman that can get through any obstacle that might get in your way." I said and she gave me a small smile with her eyes watery, resting her forehead on mine with her hands on my neck.

"Promise me you won't leave me."

"I promise. I won't let you go that easily. I'm always going to be here for you." I said and saw her smile growing, making me smirk.

"Are you still up to go with me meeting my father?" She asked, taking her forehead from mine, making us have more space between us.

"Of course."

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without your support." She said and rest her head on my chest.

He hand moved slowly to my beaded and brush it with her thumb, which I found relaxing, so I wrapped my arms around her and just enjoyed having her in my arms, not knowing what would happen when Dr. Fields would call to know the experience.