44

Niklaus's POV

I can't believe I was actually able to prevent the kiss from happening... It took everything in my power to not kiss her but I had to prevent that kiss from happening. She was vulnerable and probably even if we hooked up, then she would say that it was a one time thing or something like that, besides, I want to give her an extraordinary first date and an incredible first kiss and I want all to happen when we are no longer cuddle buddies because if we keep being cuddle buddies, I know she won't turn it into a relationship because it's not right or professional. I want her to be with me because she truly wants to be with me and not only because she is attracted to me or feels horny.

I was in my bed with Caroline and she was still upset with me not kissing her, she told me it was fine but it was clearly not.

"Love, talk to me..."

"About what?"

"About you being upset."

"I'm not upset. I'm just feeling stupid for what happened." She said, turning to face me. "And just so you know, I'm usually not like this. I never did things like this. I'm not that friendly but we are cuddle buddies so we kinda have a more intimate way of showing affection. You know what? That's probably the reason why we almost kissed. We got confused. We were being affectionate and we are both single and that's why the kiss almost happened."

"That might be your reason but it isn't mine." I said and she rolled her eyes. "I fancy you. You are strong, beautiful, full of light and the most extraordinary woman I know. I intend to be way more than just your cuddle buddy and I made that very clear. I just avoid the kiss because I knew after it you would make an excuse and try to act like never happen and that's not how I want our first kiss to be like."

"That's all very nice but wasn't you who was rejected when felt vulnerable." Caroline said.

"I'm sorry, love. I have been trying to be more selfless but when it comes to us I can't help be very selfish. I want you but I want a real relationship with you, not a one time thing. You deserve much more than that." I said.

"I'm sorry if I am being needy or bitchy. You are doing everything a girl wants a guy to do for her and I'm only thinking about myself. I'm sorry, you don't deserve that. You deserve someone who appreciates what you do and I'm not being that person." Caroline said and rest her head in my chest.

"You know what tomorrow day is, don't you?" I asked because that day could be the end of something good and beginning of something great or could be the end of my chances to have something with Caroline.

"Yes. It's when Dr. Fields will see how are things between us and how was this experiment." Caroline said.

"Do you know what you will say?"

"I'm thinking about it."

"Alright. And just so you know. I will say that I'm okay with being your cuddle buddy making you be in charge of ending this or not. You can end it so we could try to be together or just because you don't want me as your cuddle buddy or you can have me as your cuddle buddy and I'm sure that in that case you will never want us to be in a relationship. It's up to you to make this decision. I'll respect whatever you decide and I'll be always here for you."

"No matter what, you can always come to me." Caroline said, lifting her head to look me in the eyes.

She rested her forehead in mine with her hands on my neck and I let my hands move to her waist, under her top, while looking at her who was with her eyes closed and a smile that showed she was enjoying it.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to be with you for real..."