10

Niklaus's POV

After Caroline left, it didn't took much time for me to leave as well and go to my studio. I was almost finishing the painting I have been doing this past few days.

After a few hours, I had finished the painting and I couldn't believe what I had been painting... It was Caroline.

I was looking at the painting and thinking of Caroline when I heard my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nik. It's Rebekah. We need to talk. Let's meet at our special place."

"Of course. See ya." I said.

***

"I'm here." I said once I got to the roof.

"Nik..." she said and run over to me and hugged me. "Are you okay? Where the hell did you spend the night?"

"At a friend's."

"Nik, I know all your friends. And none of them knew about you."

"It's a new friend." I said not wanting to talk more about it.

"Oh my God! Did you finally got a girl? I have to meet her ASAP." Bekah said.

"She's just a friend..." I said.

"Whatever you say big brother." She said giving up, at least for now. "You have to come home. Dad is completely freaking out about you being gone and I'm afraid he will do something to you if you won't be back with a good explanation."

"What?! He thinks I'm 5 or something like that? I can spend nights out! You know what? That is it. I'm going to move out."

"Came on, Nik. Don't make irrational decisions."

"No. Bekah, I'm done. It's more than time for me to get the hell out of that house."

"Dad won't react well to it."

"I don't care. I always did whatever he wanted me to and what's my pay for that? Being his target when he's angry with something. I'm done. It's more than time for me to get way from him."

"What about us? What about Elijah, Kol? What about me? Are you just going to leave us?"

"I might move on but I will never leave you, specially you, little sister." I said, kissed her forehead and pulled her to a hug.

Caroline's POV

It was my lunch break and when I was about to leave my work to go eat something, I saw at the door someone I wasn't expecting. Stefan Salvatore.

"Stefan!" I said and run over to him and hugged him while wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Care!" He says while hugging me tightly.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." He said and I got my feet back in the ground.

"So... What happen for my best friend finally take some time to visit me?"

"I kinda need to start over. Our town only gave me bad memories. I think it's time to make some new ones in a new place and I thought how about the place where my best friend is." He said and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"How about we go to my place and catch up? I'm sure there's a tone of stuff we have to talk about." I said and then we went to my place and talked about how our lives changed since the last time we saw each other.

Stefan and I have been best friends since high school and not even with going to different colleges we stopped talking but we started to only talk by texts and e-mails and for how much we try to deny it, it's not the same thing as talking in person.

Niklaus's POV

I looked at my phone and noticed that usually at this time Caroline is coming home for lunch so I decided to make her a visit and talk about me moving out and going to look for a new place but when I got there, I looked at the window and see her laughing with another guy.

Of course... What was I thinking? She has a crush on that guy or maybe they are dating. That's why she told me all those rules when we first met.

I was feeling awful so I decided to go to the studio and try to forget her with that guy with the funny hair.