15

Niklaus's POV

I woke up, expecting to feel Caroline in my arms or next to me but the bed felt empty, making me open my eyes and see a note in the nightstand.

'Good morning, Klaus!
When I woke up, you were still sleeping and I was kinda late because I had to go home to change clothes so I could go to work, so I let you sleep.
Thank you for last night, not just the cuddling but also the conversation and your company.
I don't know how long my friend will stay at my place so we probably will have to hang out in someplace that's not my home. If you need anything you can text me, no matter what time will be.
Talk to you later,
Caroline'

I never met someone so nice and considerate as Caroline. She can truly surprise me which is a lot coming from me.

I took a shower and when I was getting dressed, I heard my phone buzzed on the nightstand, making me quickly go see if it was Caroline but was just my sister asking to meet, which I replied to meet at our place.

I went to our special place and I saw she was already there and with a big smile.

"Good morning, sister! May I know why you wanted to talk to me so badly?"

"Do you remember the guy I dated in that summer?" She said but I didn't know who was. "The one I dated for a summer but then we had to break up because we were going to live in different places and we didn't believe in distant relationship.

"Right. He had a great excuse."

"It wasn't an excuse!" My sister said, hitting me in my arm.

"Whatever you say, sister." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Well, I found him last night and he is going to move in. We might continue what we left off."

"I don't trust him. If he liked you, he would move in sooner."

"He didn't even know I was here. This was destiny."

"Or coincidence."

"You are always such a party pooper."

"And you are always with high expectations so in the end you'll get hurt."

"At least I don't deny myself to be happy and in love. Unlike you. You just have flings and after a week or two you are done with it." Rebekah said. "Can't you just be happy for me?"

"No because I already know how this is going to end." I said.

It's been too many years of me seeing my sister fall in love and get her heart broken. She always gets way too high expectations and she falls in love way too quickly... probably because she is in love with the idea of being in love and have a family.

"But I can fake that I'm happy for you."

"I can work with that." She said with a smile and hugged me.

She was really in a good mood today. I hope this won't end as bad as I think so.

Rebekah and I talked for an hour or two about this Stefan guy and I tried my best to not ruin her excitement and happiness because all I could think about was how many times this happened and how heartbroken she gets.

Rebekah made me go with her shopping because she was going to have lunch with this guy and apparently having a closet, that could fit inside two king size beds, filled with clothes is the same as having nothing to wear. This lunch that she is going to have is better not to be a break up lunch.

"Bekah, you should try to hang out more often with girls. They could help you way more than me."

"Yeah, but it's always so hard to find good friends. Eventually I always find out that they just hang out with me because of the money and when I am already out of the room they start to talk trash about me." She said.

It took us a long time for Rebekah to find the perfect outfit to the lunch and, of course that we got out of the mall with tones of bags because she can't just buy one outfit, it needs to be the entire collection. I love my sister but I hate shopping with her.