39

Caroline's POV

Klaus convinced me I'm going out for dinner so I could try to forget about my father and the letter and also because he thought it wasn't healthy for me to be always on work or at my (or his) place.

Klaus took me to a small restaurant that even if it was small, it was well decorated and great to have dinner with someone.

"This is a very nice place." I said.

"I'm glad you like it." He said with his usual smirk, showing his dimples that I find very cute.

"So... is this you trying to take me on a date without me knowing? Because that would be kinda sneaky." I said and he chuckled.

"That would be a good idea, but no. When I take you to a date it will be much better than this." He said with a smirk.

"How do you know that I will say yes to go on a date with you?" I asked and he just smirked.

"Good evening! Mr. Mikaelson, it's been awhile since we had the pleasure of having you here." The waitress said with a big smile to him, then looked at me, acknowledging my presence and asked. "Do you already know what you're going to order or do you want to take a moment?"

"It will be the chef's speciality for the both of us." Klaus said and the waitress nodded with a smile and left, taking the menus with her.

"In case you're not aware of it, I can order for myself." I said.

"I know, Love. But this is a place I know for some time and I think you would love the speciality. It's truly remarkable. Not as remarkable as you, but that's very hard." He said and I felt myself slightly blushing, making me look down to cover it.

"You must been here many times... to the waitress knowing who you are and all that." I said jealous.

I know I shouldn't be jealous or make any comments about it because he is just a friend, he is just my cuddle buddy and nothing else. I have no rights to be jealous or to act like if he owe me any explanations about his life and his relationships, being them platonic or not.

"I did cake here in numerous occasions and I do know the owner of the bar so with time I got to know the staff too." Klaus said. "If I didn't knew any better I would think you were jealous, Love."

"Me? Jealous? Please." I scoffed and he just smirked and rest his hand on mine, making me look at our hands and hold his hand back so we could be holding hands and for some reason it felt really nice and good.

"Of course you're not jealous. I mean, why would you be? You're such an amazing woman... You are unique, there's no one other like you... Any woman would kill to have such an incredible personality like yours and be as beautiful as you are." Klaus said.

No one has ever said such beautiful things to me like Klaus says. It's not the first time he is complimenting me but it always make me surprise at the compliments and how he puts them because they don't seem as vague as most guys I met would say.

We had an amazing dinner, where I talked a little bit about my plans for the future and he told me about his art and his photographer career. It was a very nice dinner and kinda make me wonder how would be like to go on a real date with Niklaus Mikaelson.

After the dinner we went to Darren's to have a few drinks and dance and then we ended in his apartment. Even if being at Darren's was fun, I knew that if we had stay longer, I would lose control over myself. Talking with Klaus it's always nice and when has alcohol involved I get more loosen up, meaning I get more affectionate, then when we dance... forget it... all those things together make it almost impossible to resist him so I asked to be with him in a quieter place because I was tired, even if I wasn't completely tired.

We were now on his couch and he had his arm wrapped around me and I had my hand holding his, while thinking about how he went to my place in the second I said I needed him, how he listen to me venting about my father, how he convinced me to go out, how he took me to a dinner and made me feel happy and forget about my dad.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Actually, I was thinking about tonight."

"Really?" He asked with a smirk.

"Yes. I mean, you took me to a nice dinner, we had a few drinks, we danced and ended the night in your place. Now I'm wondering what you do on a real date."

"Usually I don't make so many effort for a date with a girl but you aren't just any girl. And if I had the chance to go on a real date with you, it would be much better than it was today... because you deserve something much better than a night like tonight." He said. "So... if you want to see how it would be going on a real date with me, then you will have to experience it."

"Are you always this persistence?"

"Just when I know it's really worth it. And one thing I'm sure of is that you are worth it."