12

Niklaus's POV

When I send Caroline the text with the address of my studio I quickly hide the painting I made that was a portrait of her.

I was about to clean my hands and put a good t-shirt on when someone knock on my door and when I open it, I saw it was Caroline.

I let her get in and we started to make some small talk while she looked at some of my paintings.

"Are these yours?" She asked while looking at one of my paintings.

"Yes... I know they have their flaws and they need improvement" I was saying because I know that my paintings aren't artist good, they are just okay, and I'm already giving myself too much credit.

Most likely, my father's right and I will never succeed as a photographer and much less as a painter. I'm not good enough to succeed in this.

"I think they are beautiful." She said still looking at the same painting.

It was a painting I did when I was feeling sad and lonely, like I felt almost all my life, it was a boy alone in the woods, surrounded by darkness.

"You really think so?" I asked, quickly blaming myself for showing her so much vulnerability, and she looked at me and nodded.

"I don't understand much about art but I think it's pretty clear that you have a big talent. Did you ever thought in making an exposition and show people your work."

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I still need to improve some things. I sell some of my paintings but it's online where no one can know that it was me who painted it."

"Aren't you proud of your work? It's incredibly beautiful."

"I'm not sure if everyone would agree on that with you." I said and decided to change subject. "It's everything alright with your place? I ask this because we usual meet there and you asked me to spend night at my place so..."

"I have someone staying there and I kinda wanted to spend time with you..." She said, making me smirk.

"How about I show you around?" I asked and she smiled.

There was a wall where I had a medium desk, next to it, there was a easel with one of my paintings, I had brushes, oil paint, pencils, crayons and other materials like that all around, it was a little messy and that wall was kind of my corner to paint and draw, then there was a small kitchen I barely used and the couch was dividing the living room and the kitchen and in front of the couch was a coffee table and a tv, there was then a bookcase that separated the living room to the room, which had only a medium bed for one and a small wardrobe and finally was the bathroom which was also small but had the essential.

"This is it."

"It's really nice." She said with a smile.

"Thank you. Do you want something to eat? I don't have much but..."

"I'm fine, thank you." She cut me off.

"Are you sure I'm not bothering you?" She asked while looking at my hands.

"Yes. Just get comfortable, love. I'm going to change, I'll be back in 5." I said and left to the bathroom to clean my hands.

I looked at myself in the small mirror I had in the wall, noticing that I had a tired look with my hair kind of messy. I wash up my face to try to not seem as tired and be a little more awake, after washing my hands, I got out of the bathroom and change t-shirts, so I could go hang out with Caroline.