32

Caroline's POV

Last night I called my boss when Klaus was sleeping deeply and for the first time in forever faked to be sick to not go to work. Klaus clearly needed to be with someone by his side and I didn't want to leave him, he always rush over to me when I needed and now he needed me, I was not going to let him down. I woke up before him but I stayed in the comfy bed, admiring him sleeping in a peaceful way.

"Caroline?" He asked when woke up and saw me.

"Good morning, Klaus!"

"Good morning, love."

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"So that really happen?" He asked and I frowned not sure of what he was talking about. "I drank too much. I'm not that insecure weak man."

"Seriously? Because I don't think he is insecure or weak. The man I saw last night was just hurt and was tired from being so strong but the only ones who don't get tired are the ones who haven't been strong. I like to see that side of you. It was more vulnerable but was sincere and in touch with their feelings and not any kind of feelings, the feelings it's painful to be in touch with." I said.

"Yeah right... you don't need to lie. I remember last night. I was a stupid, weak loser. I was filled with fears and insecurities."

"Yes, you were afraid and insecure but it wasn't you being stupid or weak or loser, you opened yourself to me and I'm glad you did because I want to be there for you and I can only do that if you stop getting this walls that stop me from getting to know the real you." I said. "I know last night was just a glimpse of the real you but I really like what I saw."

"You like seeing me insecure and sad?" Klaus asked kinda upset.

"I like to see you being you and trust me enough to vent about what you're feeling." I said.

"At this hour you usually already getting out of your place to go to work. Why are you so calm this morning? Usually you are stressing about the time."

"Yeah but today I'm not going to work." I said and then asked. "You don't mind me staying here for awhile, do you?"

When I asked for a day off I didn't even think if Klaus would want me around or not. What if he wants to be alone? Or worse... what if he prefers to spend time with Jane. I know he said they broke their little arrangement but... they can always go back to have sex.

"Of course not, Love." He said.

After spending some time with Klaus in his bed, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast and when I was putting the food in the plates, I felt Klaus's arms wrapped around me.

"What did I do to deserve having you in my life?" He asked and kissed my cheek. "And having right to breakfast? I'm a very lucky man." He said kissing my neck. "Beautiful woman who's also smart and very talented. Are you an hallucination?"

"Klaus..." I moaned when he got to my sweet spot, then he made me turn to face me.

"Why aren't you stopping me? Before last night you would reject every time I started to be too affectionate, now you don't even say a word about it."

"Believe it or not, it's not easy for me to reject every time you are being affectionate." I admitted.

"No. You are acting different because of last night. Since you saw me in that state you felt sorry for me and you still do. That's why you didn't want to cuddle like usual and that's why you stayed here instead of going home to do some work and that's why you are making breakfast for us. You see me differently. You now just see me as a little insecure weak boy... I'm not like that and I do not need your pity." He said upset.

"Okay, first of all: I do not do pity. About last night, I decided to change the way we cuddle because it's always you cuddling me and not the other way around, and last night you clearly needed someone there for you, and no it's not for me thinking you were or are weak, it's just because you were feeling down like it happens to everyone every once in awhile and about breakfast, I made it because it was a thank you for you to finally had trust me enough to open up about your issues. I care about you Klaus, wether you like it or not." I said upset with his suspicions.

Why does he always have to think the worst?

"So last night didn't change your opinion about me?"

"Not much. Just showed me that you finally trust me enough to talk about your stuff. Even if I had the help of your bourbon."

"Of course I trust you, Love. I just can't just talk about some stuff, it's too hard."

"I know. But being your cuddle buddy doesn't mean only cuddling, we also should talk about our issues."

"I know that. I'll try to talk to you more about my problems but I also want you to trust me about your issues."

"I trust you, Klaus." I said and he smirked.