17

Niklaus's POV

For some odd reason I got very happy when Caroline told me that she was going to have the afternoon off. I don't know why but I enjoy spend time with her and I seem to never get enough of hanging out with her. It's probably just because I'm not used to have a close friend.

Caroline and I were now watching a movie and I had my arm around her but she slowly started to cuddle me and rest her head on my shoulder so I moved my hand to her hip, bringing her closer to me.

Without noticing or even thinking, I moved my hand to under her top and started to rub her lower back. I thought she was going to yell at me or something but she didn't so I continued.

"Hmmm..." I heard her. It was really low but because she was so close to me, if we were slightly far away, I wouldn't be able to hear her.

"I'm really glad that I met you." She whispered, making me smirk.

"Me too. These last times have been hard but you make them be slightly easier than it would be if I wouldn't had you in my life. I couldn't go through things if it wasn't for you, Caroline. You have been like my guardian angel." I said and she looked at me with surprise and happiness and many other emotions which I couldn't really tell what were.

She was about to say something but stop herself from saying it and just hugged me, I was got off guard but I hugged her back and felt her getting her leg around me, making her be on my lap facing me. I moved my hands slowly up and down her waist and with the movement, her top got a little up, leaving part of her lower back showing and I started to rub her lower back while feeling her hug me tightly, then I started to feel her hand going through my hair and pulling some of my curls which was making really hard for me to control the needs I have as a man.

I kissed her shoulder while rubbing her waist and then I felt her giving me a peck on my neck.

"Caroline..." I groaned of pleasure.

"I-I'm sorry..." she whispered and took her hand from my hair and let some space between us, facing me. "I've been feeling vulnerable for some time now and I haven't been like this with a guy for a long time... well, not long, just a proper time... I guess I'm just trying to say that not being with a guy like this for some time made me be a little more needy than usual and I'm sorry for making things awkward."

"You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything. And I wasn't disliking neither so..." I said and she gave me a small smile.

"Still. We are cuddle buddies and I know that we should only talk about stuff and cuddle."

"Don't worry, Love. Everything's fine." I said and gave her a peck in her forehead. "But I do have to admit that you know how to tease a man..."

We chuckled with what I said and ended just smiling to each other, then I pulled her to me so I could be really close to her again, she wrapped her arms around my neck with her head next to mine, making me feel her breath in my ear.

"I truly enjoy our times together, love." I whispered.

"So do I." She whispered with an intense breathing. "More than I would like to admit."

She looked at me and then looked at my lips, she leaned in and so did I. Her nose was brushing mine and our lips were inches away from each other, we were about to kiss...

"This can't happen..." She whispered and got out of my lap, seating next to me. "This can't happen ever again."

"Nothing happen." I said.

"But something was about to happen and we can't. We are here to help each other and it's completely unprofessional to get in a relationship." She said.

"You're right. I gotta go." I said because I knew I would never had a chance with Caroline.

We just had that moment because she was feeling lonely or vulnerable. She doesn't see me anything more than a cuddle buddy.

"You don't need to go."

"I really gotta go. But we can talk later. Bye." I said and left.

I took my phone out and called someone so I could have some time without thinking about what happened or almost happened between me and Caroline.