Chapter 8//Trouble in Cali

Trouble in Cali

Athena's POV

The Jacks and I just landed back in Omaha. Sam came to pick us up from the airport and he dropped me off at my house. MagCon orlando was amazing.  I just wish Shawn and I spent more time together in the second day. Who knows how long it will be until we see eachother again. I walked into the house, waving goodbye to the guys. I set my bag down and collapsed to the floor. This weekend was...exhausting.

"Go pack new clothes." a voice said while coming down the stairs. "We're going to California. Grandma is sick." my cousin said helping me up from the floor. "We leave tomorrow." he said putting my bag by my bed.

I wonder what happened. Is she ok? How bad is her sickness? I sighed at the thoughts and started to unpack my bag so I can repack it with clean clothes.  Hours later I finally finished and collapsed on my bed falling fast asleep.

I woke up to the feel of an earthquake. I quickly got up and it turned out it was my cousin trying to wake me up by shaking the bed. I slowly put my head back on the pillow and groaned.

"Come onnn." he whined. "We're leaving in two hours." he stated shaking my body. "There's food downstairs." he finally said knowing I would get up.

"What kind?" I asked with one eye open.

"Pancakes. The family famous pancakes." he said smiling.

I got up and got ready for the day. I headed downstairs to the smell of Aunt Dana's family famous pancakes. No one knows what she puts in it. For all we know, it could be poison. But it was the best pancakes on the universe, so it's worth being poisoned by.

"What's up with grandma?" I asked just realizing that my aunt had been crying. I ate my pancakes waiting for a response.

"..she has stage four lung cancer.." she said in a weak voice. I stopped eating. Once I heard that, I lost my appetite. She has been telling us her throat hurts, but no one knew how serious it actually was. I was on the verge of crying. She could win this. I know she can.

Johnson's POV

A couple weeks have pasted since MagCon Orlando and MagCon Bay Area was this weekend. Athena has been gone for a couple weeks. She was back in Cali for a family emergency and said she would just stay there until Bay Area is over. I haven't tried talking to her. And from what the guys have said, she hasn't made an effort to talk to us either.

Jack and I were on a plane, just about to land in California. We were the last ones to arrive, just a couple minutes behind the rest of the guys that flew in. We got our luggages and headed outside the airport where the MagCon family was waiting. We greeted everyone and went into the car.

"Athena said she'll meet with us tomorrow." Mahogany stated breaking the silence. It wasn't usually silent with us. But I guess everyone was worrying about Athena. "Have you guys been talking to her?" she asked looking up at us.

"I haven't tried." Taylor said. Athena was like a sister to Taylor. If Athena didn't contact Taylor the last few weeks, we all knew how serious this was.

"You guys should. She needs someone to talk to." Mahogany said in a weak voice. "I try to have to her talk to me about what's going on. She tells me stuff but I feel like theres more."

"Do you know why she had to come to California in such a rush?" I asked realizing I never made an effort to hit her up when she was away.

"Her grandmother. She has stage four lung cancer." Mahogany said looking at everyone of us in the eyes.

Athena's POV

We were at the desert trying to pretend nothing was wrong. All of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my parents came. My cousins and I were playing soccer. The sun was setting and it was absolutely a beautiful site to see. We make s'mores, bonded with eachother, told stories, and even our parents told stories about us when we were little kids. For a while, I forgot all of the problems that had happened with my Grandmother, but deep down, we all knew she won't have much longer.

A/N:

Hi...again. Just to let you know the MagCon stops are not in order. Also, the dates are right. It's in mid October in the story. Just thought I should let you know. Thanks for reading. I really hope you guys are liking it so far! Vote for more.♡

-Cristina