Chapter 12//Friends

Friends

Jacob's POV

I was kind of sad. Everyone is leaving to go back to their home until the next MagCon.

"When's the next MagCon?" I asked to Bart.

"Two weeks. Why?"

"Athena's birthday is in November." I replied to him. "She's turning 16."

"It's a Friday." Carter said joining in on the conversation.

"We have MagCon that weekend." Bart said looking at his calendar.

"Where?" Carter said looking up from his phone.

"Athena's California hometown. San Diego." Bart said with a sly smile. We could make this big for her. Have a surprise party with all of her friends and family. And with MagCon. Everyone knew what I was thinking and everyone started smiling.

"Are we all planning it?" Cam said confused.

"We can talk to her aunt back in Omaha while she's at one of her practices." Johnson said getting interested in the conversation

"Practice? For what?" Nash said. I guess he didn't know the love Athena has for sports.

"Soccer." The Jacks said that the same time then awkwardly looking at each other.

"Mahogany. Find out what kind of stuff she likes. Like food and stuff." Bart said.

"Don't get any kind of seafood." Gilinsky said inputting his opinion. "She's extremely allergic." Or maybe it's not an opinion...

We were on our way to the airport. Athena left last night with her family. I said bye to everyone since my flight back home is first. It was up to the Jacks and Athena's aunt to plan this. Mahogany needed to find out a few stuff from her. Bart would contact her parents and tell them what's going on and what everyone wanted to do. The Jacks agreed to update everyone on how everything is going. I went through security and turned back and waved one last bye to everyone. I always miss them when we aren't together. But I miss Mahogany the most.

Johnson's POV

Jack and I finally land back home. Honestly, I didn't like Omaha that much. Nothing happened amd there's nothing to do. My mom pick us up from the airport and greeted both of us with a hug. Jack was like another son to her and she was practically his second mom.

"Hey Mom. Can we have Athena's aunt's number?" I said in the sweetest voice I had.

"Why? What are you guys planning?" she asked concerned.

"Well ya see. Athena is turning 16 in a couple weeks and its a weekend with MagCon. It's at her California hometown, San Diego. And everyone wanted to plan a little surprise party for her." I said hoping she wouldn't ask anymore questions.

"Who's paying for this "little" surprise party." My mom quoted little cause she knew it wasn't going to be little at all.

"Everyone is helping with it."

"I'll give you her number. But I wanna help." My mom had to be involved with everything that had to with planning. She loves to plan parties and weddings. She always needed to be involved. But hey that's a mom's job, right?

LJ'S POV

The Jacks were coming over to ask my mom and I a question. They didn't want Athena in the house or coming into the house while they were here. My mom told Jack a time range that would be safe and they are now on their way.

Athena's POV

I was on my way to practice with Zach, a teammate who played second striker. We arrived at the field being the last two people.

"Finally. Slackers." Coach said. She was a prankster. She was the best coach and by far the funnest. "OK so after practice how about we go out and eat dinner.?" She questioned us. I remember her always doing this. She was insanely wealthy but it never got to her. We all agreed and practice started.

Johnson's POV

We arrived at Athena's house. Her cousin opened the door and let us in. We sat at the dinning table and went straight to buisness.

"We were wondering if you wanted to help plan Athena's sweet 16 with us and the rest of the MagCon crew." Gilinsky said after everyone sat down.

"Looks like we beat you guys too it." Her aunt said pulling out a notebook and millions of papers out of a drawer.

"What if she opened that drawer?" I asked being curious.

"Then I guess it's not a surprise anymore." her aunt said setting things down.

They had everything planned out. It was at being held at one of her cousin's beach house in San Diego. All of the guests would be formal. Her soccer team had a game that day, since they were a travel team. It was a good start.

"Our goal is to put it over the top." Her cousin said showing us the different themes they thought of.

Mahogany's POV

I just woke up from a quick nap. I was back home from MagCon Bay Area. It was the craziest so far.

Group Convo

JJ- Athena's aunt had some stuff planned out already. just need to know her favorite colors, favorite food, and were still deciding if well have a theme or nlt or if its just formal.

JJ- oh and what kind of stuff she likes for presents.

Me- im on it!

I quickly text Athena saying I need to ask her some questions.

Bart- her parents we already in it too. invitations are being sent out in a day or two

Jacob's POV

I miss everyone. Especially Mahogany. She's just so perfect, so beautiful.

Me- Hey! I miss you already!

Did I really just send that to her? I can be such an idiot sometimes.

Mahogany- Awwh. I miss you too Jacob!

Me- so I was wondering if we could like go on a little date in San Diego? I mean of you want to

I sent the text just realizing what I was asking. She made me forget what I was saying. She makes me stumble on my words.

Mahogany- A date? As friends?

I died a little at what I read. I guess I was just another one of her friends.

Me- or more than friends :)

"Jacob you are so stupid" I said to myself pounding my head against the wall.

Mahogany- sorry Jacob. I dont feel that way. not now. sorry

"Not now? What does that mean?" I say to myself again.

"It either means you got friendzoned or she might have a little something for you just doesn't know if it's real or not." my sister, Sierra said standing on a chair reading over my shoulder.

"Girls are complicated." I said to her looking up.

"Guys are just as complicated Jacob." She said jumping down from the chair and putting it back where it belonged.

Everyone was complicated in my opinion. I reread the conversation over and over. I think a while then realized I just got friendzoned by Mahogany through text message.

A/N:

So a small friendzone with Mahogany and Jacob. Didn't expect that did ya? Don't worry the big friendzone is coming. Vote for more! Thanks for reading!

-Cristina