Chapter 28//Childhood Friend

Childhood Friend

Gilinsky's POV

"You need something?" he asked me. Yeah. I need you to fuck off and stay away from Athena.

"Yeah. Athena."

"She's off limits."

What the fuck. "Off limits" my ass.

"Just let me talk to her."

"No. You already hurt her feelings. Why should I let you go anywhere near her? If you cared about her like I do you would of never hurted her like that."

God. He's so annoying.

Athena's POV

I woke up from someone waking me up, well trying to.

"Athena. Wake up sleep face." His voice. It made me feel safe. I threw a pillow at him indicating him to leave and gladly, he did. I got up and slowly got ready.

@asdfghjklAthena: @ChrisKnox gets me

I knew everyone from MagCon would see but I didn't care. Christian is one of my closest friends. We've practically been friends since birth. I can trust him with anything. He knows how to make me feel better. He knows what I'm thinking. He's always there for me when someone else isn't. And I love him because of that.

Christian's POV

Athena. I missed her. We were practically best friends since birth. I've grown a crush on her since 2nd grade. Well if you can call that a crush. My feelings have only been getting deeper for her.

My phone beeped and it was a notification.

@asdfghjklAthena: @ChrisKnox gets me

I smiled like an idiot at my phone. I hit the favorite and replied to the tweet.

@ChrisKnox: I love you gorgeous:) @asdfghjklAthena

Athena's POV

It was about 2. Christian left a couple hours ago to take care of some stuff. I was getting an Arizona from the mini fridge I put in my room so I wouldn't have to go downstairs. My cousin got home from school and he went straight to bed to take his after school nap. The doorbell rang and I headed downstairs to answer it. I looked through the little peep hole on the door and I saw who it was. Christian Allen Knox. I smiled and opened the door. I admit. I felt safe around him.

Christian's POV

I arrived back at Athena's home. I parked my car on the street and sat in my car for a couple of minutes. I finally got out of the car and went to the door. I'm always nervous around her. I was practially trying to make the love of my life feel loved. My stomach was in knots and there was a huge lump in my throat. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited on her doorstep. The door opens and a smile grows on my face. Athena stands in the doorway smiling. She let me in and we talked for the longest time. We didn't really get to catch up last night because of everything.

"You still do baseball?" she said fixing her tripod and camera.

"Yeah." I replied with a smile.

I agreed to do a video with her and help her with opening fanmail. We were in a room with a couch and the "perfect lighting" is what Athena calls it. Plus all of her fanmail was in this room and neither of us felt like moving it. She had about 30-60 boxes with a ton of letters to open.

"Ready?" she asked. I replied with a simple nod and smile. She pressed record and she sat down next to me.

Athena's POV

Chris agreed to do a video with me and help me with fanmail. I was setting up the tripod and we had a small conversation.

"I have a game tonight at 7 if you want to come." he said holding a Sprite. "Liz and Annabeth is going to be there." he said now looking at me. A huge smile grew on my face. Elizabeth and Annabeth were faternal twin sisters. We've all been best friends since Kindergarden and been ever since.

"I can most likely go but I need a ride." I said. I was probably the only 16 year old without a permit. I'm was always too busy to get my permit, let alone practice for one.

"Don't worry. I'll take you." he said with his smile. "You know, you're probably the only 16 year old in the whole world that doesn't have a license."

I threw a pillow at him and he caught it.

"Perks of being a baseball player."

"Whatever. You ready?" he replied with a nod and the video started.

"Hey guys. Athena is here. I'm back from my grave. Today I have a very special guest with me and he's sitting right next to me. This is Christian. Everyone said hi to Christian." I was silent for a while. "Or not. OK."  I smiled. "What shall we be doing today on this fine afternoon budday?"

"I'm helping you open your fanmail." he said putting his arm around me.

"Let's get started?" I said more as a question. We opened box after box after box. We made a gigantic mess. I opened a box and smiled. Silly string. "Hey Chris." He turned his head and I instantly sprayed him with the string making even a bigger mess.

"I will tickle you." he said in a threatening voice.

"I'm not responsible for you injuries." I said laughing.

We finally finished with a good 4 hours of film. We opened a more than half of the boxes and some letters. He helped clean up and move everything in my room and then back home to get ready for his game.

A/N:

Thanks for 12+k reads (:

Are you guys liking Christian?  Or is he going to ruin everything?

Thanks for reading and voting♡

- Cristina