Chapter 20//Remember Me?

Remember Me?

Matt's POV

We were sent to the cafeteria to wait for something to happen. It's been two hours and nothing was said from any doctor or nurse. Minutes felt like hours at this point. I see a young doctor run up to our table and it gradually build a smile on my face.

"Athena Robertson right?" he asked catching his breath.

"Yes." Nick answered.

"She woke up from her coma. Follow me."

We all looked at eachother in excitement. We all caught up with the doctor. We arrived at her room and the middle-aged doctor came out of Athena's room.

"Athena is awake. However, it looks like she has lost her memory. She could gain her memory back. It is possible and it has been done." The doctor said catching us up on things. "Has anyone here been friends with Athena since elementary school?" Everyone turned their heads to the Jacks and Sam.

"How long?" The young doctor asked.

"7 years." all three of them said in unison.

"Please, come with me." The doctor led them into the room and closed the door shut.

Sam's POV

The doctor let us in Athena's room. She was hooked up to machines and was currently drinking water.

"Athena." I quietly said. I started crying at the site of her. She was pale. She was on of my best friends and she might not even remember me.

"Do you remember us Athena?" Johnson asked getting closer to her bed.

"Am I suppose to?" she quietly got out. She looked terrified by us.

"Athena it's ok. They won't hurt you." The nurse said putting her hand on Athena's good shoulder.

"You don't remember us?" Gilinsky said on the verge of crying. "We've been best friends for seven years." he continued. His eyes were the worst between the three of us. He had deep feelings for her. They were practically a couple. If she didn't remember him, then she probably won't remember anyone.

Gilinsky's POV

I was on the verge of crying. She looked so confused.

"Athena. I've been in love with you for seven years." I pleaded. "Please Athena." I was sitting on a chair I pulled over to the side of her bed. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine. "Athena. What's my name?" I asked looking in her beautiful eyes.

"I swear. I know who you are. I just don't remember." she answered. My eyes were tearing up. I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Athena. My name is Jack Finnegan Gilinsky. We've been friends, best friends for seven years. I've been in love you for those seven years. We're in love with eachother Athena. Please. Pretty please. Remember me. Remember everything." I was full on crying at this point. I was holding her hand squeezing it a little. She was silent. Dead silent.

Athena's POV

"Athena. My name is Jack Finnegan Gilinsky. We've been friends, best friends for seven years. I've been in love you for those seven years. You have feelings for me. We're in love with eachother Athena. Please. Pretty please. Remember me. Remember everything." he said squeezing my hand, crying. I was silent trying to remember. Minutes past. Nobody has talked. I looked around the room trying to avoid the awkward silence.

"Athena?" I heard a small voice say. I turned my head in the direction. People were standing in the doorway.

"Do you remember us?" A girl in cat ears and curly hair said. Her voice was shakey. "You're Mahogany. My best friend." I quietly said. She ran towards me and hugged me. "Do you remember anyone else?" she asked lightly holding my shoulders. "I see Cam hiding in the back." I replied smiling. "Anyone else?" A random guy asked holding a gutair. "No. Sorry." I answered. I felt bad that I didn't remember most them. The guy that was holding my hand let go and stormed out of the room. "What's wrong with him?" I whispered to Mahogany.