Chapter 18//Accident

Accident

Athena's POV

I woke up from the sunshine that was shining in my face.

"Good morning sleepy head." Mahogany said on her phone. I replied with a simple smile and got ready for the day.

"Athena? Can I ask you something?" Mahogany asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

Mahogany's POV

"Sureee." She said unsurely.

"What about the Jacks and Sam? Couldn't you open up to them?" I sat on her bed. We were face to face. She kept looking down into her lap.

"I was living in California still. I had no friends after the things he did. He was basically my only friend. I went through depression. I didn't think they would remember me or let alone, care."

"How did he hurt you?" I was curious.  I wanted to make her know that I would always be there for her.

"I rather not talk about that." she mumbled out.

"Athena. Please. I want to help you. I know you're still broken. I can see it in your eyes. You might be fooling the guys, but you're surely not fooling me."

"...He was faking everything. It was a stupid dare from one of this stupid friends. Everything we did together meant nothing to him." she took a deep breath. "Then I caught him with his real girlfriend.  The one he actually loved." She just stopped. I knew there was more to the story that she wasn't telling me about. She was twirling her thumbs at this point and was at the verge of crying.

Athena's POV

I hated crying in front of people. I hated opening up to people, but Mahogany made me feel like I had a friend I could open up to, and I didn't want to cry in front of her.

"I'm gonna to get some fresh air." I quietly said as I headed towards the door.

I walked out. Everyone was out of their rooms in the hallway. I walked past them, knowing they were going to stare at me. I walked past the hallway they were in and everything went silent. I kept walking trying to get to the elevator before someone caught up me. I pressed the elevator button down and waited unpatiently. The elevator opened and I hit the L and close door buttons. The door was closing and I saw Shawn and the Jacks running my way. Shawn was in front of both and them. He slipped through the small opening the elevator doors left him. I knew he wanted to talk to me.

Shawn's POV

We were all waiting in the hallway for the gurls to come out. The door opened and Athena quietly walked by without looking our way. Everyone went silent. We all looked at eachother confused. The Jacks and I ran up and sprinted, trying to catch the elevator before it closes. The elevator was closing and Athena didn't bother to try to keep it open. I slip through the small opening the door had left me. I barely made it, but I made it.

"What's wrong beautiful?" I asked looking at her. She was looking at the ground making no contact with me.

"I don't wanna talk about it." her voice was small and weak. The elevator doors opened and she immediately walked out. "Shawn. Can you just give me some time?"

I didn't want to argue with her. I wanted to help her. "I will if you tell me tonight. I'll take you out and make you forget everything."

"If I agree will you leave me alone?" she said finally looking up at me. I nodded. "Ok. Fine."

"I'll pick you up at 7." I said hugging her.

Athena's POV

I walked away from Shawn. I didn't want to tell him and I wasn't going to. MagCon day two was today and I wasn't going to show up. I texted Bart and Nick telling them it's personal reasons. Surprisingly,  they didn't argue with me. I went to the beach and just sat in the sand. Since every teenage girl was around the MagCon building, there wasn't a lot of people.

-skips to 7ish-

Shawn would be here any minute now. Mahogany was getting ready for her date with Jacob. There was a knock on the door and Mahogany opened it. I heard them talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Mahogany came over to my bed and stood in front of me.

"Shawn's here." I stood up, grabbed my phone and went to the door.

Shawn's POV

I waited at the door for Athena. I was holding a pink rose and a teddy bear. Athen walked out the door and gave me a closed smile. She didn't show up to MagCon today. Bart and Nick wouldn't tell any of us why. I gave her the rose and bear and gave her a tight hug.

"Ready?" I asked. She held the small gift I gave her and nodded. We went downstairs. The lobby was still filled with fans. I held her close to me, not wanting her to get hurt. She hid her face and the security guards kept us safe. I walk quicker to the door and open the car door for her. She rushes to get in. I jog to the other side and got into the driver's seat. I started the car and hit the gas.

I tried to create small talk with her during the car ride, but it was nearly impossible. We arrived at the destination. We were at the park, by the beach. I didn't want to overwhelm her so I decided to do a simple walk. I got out of the car and quickly rushed to open her door. I beat her too it and she gave me a small smile. I put my arm around her as we walked. Fans here and there would come up to us and ask for a picture or an autograph. We simply did. The longer we were out, the more girls would show up. Cops were now on the scene and made us leave. It was dark. I was shocked by how many girls found us and how quickly they all shows up. A cop walked with us making sure we wouldn't get stopped or make it worse on the way to the car. I opened Athena's door and she quietly got in. I said thanks to the cop and he left. I got into the car and just sat there for a while.

"I'm sorry Athena. I didn't think this would happen." I said breaking the silence.

"It's fine Shawn. We can't control what happens in life." she said looking out the window. I start the car and drive back.

It was 10:45ish. We just exited the freeway and came to a red light. I stopped and waited for it to turn green. I could see the hotel from were we were. The light turned green so I pressed on the gas. I was crossing the enormous intersection, distracted by a big semi truck honking. It collided into us, causing us to go flying.

Athena's POV

Shawn was driving back to the hotel. We had small conversations here and there every once in a while. He exited off the freeway and came to an intersection. He stopped at the red light and patiently wait for the light to turn green. Once it turned green, he pressed the gas and was crossing the intersection. I looked to my right and there was a hug semi truck. It looked like he was going way too fast and wasn't planning on stopping. He was honking his horn telling us to hurry. He ran the red light and collided into us making the car flip and tumble on the street rodes. I was hit right on. My head started the ache. My whole body started to ache. I see a light shining on my face but couldn't make it clear. I could feel my body being lifted up. I could hear talking but couldn't understand what they were saying. I slowly closed my eyes hoping it would all end soon.

A/N:

Cliffhanger. (:

Thanks for reading guys! Vote for more!

-Cristina