Chapter 43//Crazy

Crazy

Athena's POV

We were heading back out to the ocean. High tide. Great. There weren't as many surfers as there was yesterday. The waves were literally more than half way up the beach and the waves were scary.

"I'm not doing this guys." Nikki said backing up.

"Yeah. Me either. This is 100 percent deadly." Chris said following Nikki's actions.

"C'mon guys. These are once in a lifetime waves." I said pointing to the water, probably sounding like a physco path.

"Athena. These are deadly waves. You've seen what these waves can do." Nikki argued.

I stared into the ocean. Surfers wiping out one after one, causing coast guards to come and rescue. I hated that fact that they were right, but these waves are rare in CA and I have to surf them. "Athena c'mon. Let's just go back." I lightly heard. All I could hear was the beautiful, but insanely waves crashing on the shore. I slowly walk closer and closer to the water. "Athena. Don't you dare." Chris said sternly. I just ignored both and them and went out in the water.

Christian's POV

Athena was staring at the water.

"Athena c'mon. Let's go back." Nikki said loud and clear.

Athena ignored her and started walking towards the ocean.

"Athena. Don't you dare." I said sternly.

She just ignored both of us and we had to do something.

"ATHENA. HOW WOULD JACK FEEL ABOUT THIS!" I yelled. She stoped in her tracks and turned around and stared at us.

"Don't you dare bring anyone into this. This is my decision and I'm going to surf those waves whether you like it or not." she ran into the water and got onto her board, getting further and further into the ocean.

"She's gonna get hurt." Nikki softly said.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me Athena." I said grabbing my board and running to the ocean after her.

Athena's POV

I went into the ocean. The water felt like sharp pains. It was an unusual color, a deadly color. I ignored it anyways. I went under waves over and over again. Once I was far enough, there I sat, waiting for a wave. I looked around. Eight. Eight surfers were as crazy as I am. Speed boat after speed boat. Coast guards recused one after one, each persuading the surfers to hop in.

I turned to get ready for the wave. Paddled and paddled. Knox paddling out into the ocean as Nikki sat on the beach away from the scene. I stood up, legs shaking, trying not to wipe out. I couldn't hold up any longer. My legs gave up which made me fall into the bloody ocean water. I stumbled, rolling on the shore. My body was covered in sand.

"That wave was a bitch." I said laying on the sand feeling dead.

"Athena!" A voice yelled. I couldn't open my eyes. I just laid their, motionless. I suddenly feel hands under my body picking me up. I slowly try to open my eyes. I was wrapped up in Chris' chest with a towel around me.

Christian's POV

I watched as Athena wiped out and landed back on shore. "Athena!" I called out and quickly got to her. I picked her and carried her somewhere away from the ocean. Nikki wrapped a towel around her as she laid, motionless, in my arms. Paramedics were everywhere, helping everyone. One came to us and did a body scan for any injuries.

"A few scratches here and there. A bump on her head. She'll live." he said I looked at Athena's face. Her eyes slowly opening.

"Oh my god that wave was a bitch." she muttered.

"You feelin alright?" I asked as I moved a strand of hair out her face.

"Yeah. Never better." she got out.