Chapter 9//9-1-f**king-1

9-1-f**king-1

Athena's POV

My cousins and I were playing soccer. It was now dark, but we had a glow-in-the-dark soccer ball with glow-in-the-dark necklaces around us, two different colors to represent two different teams. The soccer ball got kicked in the bushes and I went after it. I got to the bush and grabbed the ball. Next thing I knew, a rattlesnake was clung onto my arm. I panicked and quickly yanked my arm hoping it wouldn't be attached to me anymore. However, it didn't work and made the snake bit even bigger. I could tell people were around me trying to help me stay conscious, but I couldn't help myself. I layed unconscious on the desert sand.

LJ's POV

We were playing soccer and I accidentally kicked the ball in the bushes. Athena went after it. We all waited for her to come back. We heard a scream, a deadly scream, coming from Athena. We, the family, ran over to her as fast as we can. She was on the floor barely conscious with a rattlesnake gripped to her left arm.

"SOMEONE CALL 911!" Kristin, one of our cousins yelled.

"I don't know the number!" Her boyfriend said panicking.

"9-1-F**KING-1! DO YOU NOT SEE HER F**KING ARM!" I yelled at him realizing how much I was panicking. Two family members were sucking the venom out of her arm. Someone already killed the snake. Honestly, I didn't know what to do. The Ambulance came within minutes, since it was a well-known desert. They quickly put her on a stretcher and headed towards the hospital. We then quickly packed and followed them.

"Someone has to tell MagCon." I said realizing that it was my fault for what happened to her. Kristin grabbed Athena's phone unlocked it, knowing it was her birthday, and called the most recent person that she talked to in MagCon.

Mahogany's POV

I was in the room Athena and I would be sharing for a couple of days. I was putting ears on my head and suddenly got a call from Athena. I quickly answered it, but it wasn't Athena's voice.

"Hi Mahogany. This is Athena's cousin. Athena is at the hospital. I just thought we should let someone in MagCon know. I'll text you the address of the hospital so you can come and visit her." and with that the unknown hung up. I was shocked. This couldn't be real. What happened? Will she be OK? I checked my phone for a text and got the hospital address. I ran to the room where all the guys were and barged in not knowing what to do or say.

Gilinsky's POV

We were chilling in Taylor and Aaron's room just making memories and bonding. Then out of nowhere, Mahogany ran in. She was pale, like she just saw a ghost.

"Athena. She-she's in the hospital." she weakly spat out.

We all just looked at eachother not knowing what to do. It was dead silent and motionless. Nobody knows what happened or why she was in the hospital. Worst case scenario, she could be dead. My eyes were watery at the thought of it. I got up, followed by everyone else, went to the lobby and got in the car. Mahogany gave the driver the hospital address and we went off.

Mahogany's POV

We arrived at the hospital after 20 long, silent, scared minutes. Nobody knows what had happened to her nor the reason why she was in the hospital. We all rushed in heading towards the front lobby.

"We're here to visit Athena Robertson." I said being the only one who could get words out of my mouth.

"Room 233. Third floor." she said gesturing to the elevator. Half of us went in the elevator and the other half went up the stairs. We all meet at the third floor and headed to Athena's room.