Chapter 16//Birthday (Part 2)

Birthday (Part 2)

Gilinsky's POV

I got into semi-formal clothes and made sure I grabbed the speech I would say at Athena's surprise party. The guys headed out and waited in the limo for Athena and Mahogany. Taylor brought and extra bandana to cover Athena's eyes the whole way there.

"I don't get what difference this makes." Athena said trying to tie the bandana around her eyes. "Here." I said helping her tie it. The driver started driving to Athena's cousin's beach house. It was approximately a hour away. We arrived. I texted her aunt giving her a heads up. I got out last, helping Athena. Matt quietly opened the door. It was pitch black. I could see the guys get in their spots. I waited a couple of more seconds. I turned on the lights and pulled the bandana off her head at the same time.

Athena's POV

Jack pulled off my bandana. People everywhere popped up and yelled "SURPRISE!" The guys were holding a banner that said Happy Sweet 16 Athena! I smiled at the thought of it. They did this for me. They spent time and money into me and that's all I could ask for.

Family members kept coming up to me. They wished me happy birthday and gave me a hug.  My soccer team then ran up to me and I was in the middle of another group hug.

"Everyone that was in part of planning please come see me." my mom said into the mic, getting everyone's attention. Everyone in MagCon stood up, Sam, my Coach, Zach and Liz, my collab group, my godparents, three of my cousins, Aunt Dana, and my grandparents all got up and headed towards my parents. I looked around the Gilinsky was still sitting next to me. "Don't worry. I helped. I'm just keeping you company." he said putting an arm around me. He's been getting more and more couplely with me lately. I admit I like it. I had feelings for him, but I wasn't sure of it yet. A couple minutes later, the music stopped.

Gilinsky pulled me up on stage and I sat on a comfy chair with my name above it.

My coach and two teammates went up on stage and gave a little speech on me.

A/N:

Most speeches will be just a little part.

"...You're an All-Star in and out of soccer. We love you Robertson." they walked off. Mahogany and Shawn went up after them. "...we love you Athena." Shawn said finishing off their turn. He smiled at me and winked. To be honest, Shawn looked really good dressed up. They hopped off stage while Taylor and Jacob went on.

"...Athena is like a sister to us. We have a special bond and we love her." Jacob said speaking for both of them. Taylor then talked a bit and he made me laugh so hard, I cried. "...She's always there for me whenever for whatever and I love that about her. I love you double A-R." Taylor said finishing his speech inferring to my initals. My godparents then went up and finished their speech. All crazy ten of them were there. They winged it but it turned out perfect. My favorite part was when my favorite godfather, Ian, told stories about me when he babysat me. I was embarrassed afterwards but it was the bsst speech, hands down. My grandparents were now up on stage. Just three of them and it hurt, alot. They all told stories about my infant years. At the end of their speech, we took time in silence for Grandmother Nana. Her real name was Natalie, but when I was younger I couldn't say Natalie,  so she told me to call ner Nana instead and I've been saying it ever since. During the time, I thought of the times I've spent with her and I knew she was standing right here, right by me.

After that, my three of my cousins were up. They had funny speeches. They all winged it, but it was one of the best speeches ever. My aunt then went up on stage after them. Her speech was really emotional. She started crying, which made me cry. I loved her as much as I loved my own parents. She took me in and made it feel like she was my actual mom.