Chapter 17//Chance

Chance

Shawn's POV

I woke up. It was 9:24. I was on the couch still. Athena was snuggled up to me. I smiled. I woke her up and told her to get ready for MagCon. She shifted her body to the other side and still slept. I let her sleep some more and got ready myself.

I got back to where Athena was sleeping, ready for the day. She wasn't there anymore. "Mahogany got her up." Taylor said pouring Matt orange juice. "So you guys slept together huh?" Matt said raising eyebrows. "Not like that. it was an accident. She fell asleep, then I fell asleep that's all. " I said getting a glass from the cabinet. "You enjoyed it didn't you." Taylor stated picking out clothes to wear. "Is it bad if I did?" I replied throwing myself onto the bed. "No. Just don't let Gilinsky know." Matt answered walking into the room. "He might just murder you." Taylor stated in a monotone voice. They aren't even dating and he's over protective with her. It's annoying to be honest.

"Just to let you know I ship #Shawthena more than #Jathena" Taylor said with a smirk. "Me too!" Jacob said dropping into our conversation. "Make that three." Matt said putting a shirt on. "Why don't you ask her on like a date?" Jacob asked fixing his hair. "Double date man. You and Mahog. Shawn and Athena." Matt said leaning against the wall waiting outside the bathroom. "Mahogany turned me down." Jacob said in a flat voice. "If you ask Mahogany again, I'll ask Athena." I said fixing my beanie making sure won't mess up my hair. Jacob and I shook on the deal.

-end of day-

MagCon finished. I was going to ask Athena tonight. I secretly told her that I volunteered to help her with presents. I minus well ask her while it's only us two. Jacob was going to ask her within a hour which gave me a couple hours to think of a way to ask Athena.

Jacob's POV

I told Shawn I was going to ask Mahogany before 9 tonight. It was 8:30ish. I bought her flowers. I changed into a nice, button up, dark red shirt. I headed towards her room and knocked on the door. Athena answered and smiled. She then went away and minutes later, Mahogany was in front of me.

"Mahogany Gordy. Will you do me the honor of escorting you to a date?" I ask getting on one knee. She smiled and said yes. I gave her the flowers and hugged her. I told her I'd pick her up at 8 sharp tomorrow night. She closed the door and I walked away with a huge smile on my face. I walked into the room. "What's up smiley?" Nash asked messing up my hair.  "Mahogany" I said one word and they went nuts. She gave me a chance.  a chance to show her how serious I am and want to be with her.

Shawn's POV

The guys left to go play basketball. I said I would hang back and relax. They all left. I waited till the coast was clear and went over to Athena's room. I knocked on the door and she opened it. "Shawn. You don't have to do this." she said as I walked in.

Maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up

She played music and put the volume to where it was background music.

"I want to." I say with a smile. "Your choice." she said tossing me a box.

Two hours later, we got through a little bit more than half.

"So um Athena. I was wondering if you would want to go out on a date with me before I head back to Canada?" I ask hoping my Canadian charm would work. She was silent. Really silent. "I'm sorry Shawn. I'm don't really want to date right now." she replied and my heart broke. I reply with a simple OK and left the room.

Jacob's POV

We came back up from basketball. We walked into Taylor's, Matt's,  and Shawn's room. Shawn was lying on the couch with his eyes glued to his phone.

"How'd it go man?" I asked sitting on the floor. "She rejected me." he said in the most monotone voice I've heard. "Who rejected you?" Mahogany asked joining our conversation. "Shawn got rejected!" Cam said making sure everybody in the room knew. He put his face in his hands.

"By who?" Sam asked sitting across the room. "You don't want to know." Shawn mumbled.  "Of course we do." Cam said fixing himself a glass of water. "...Athena.." Shawn quietly mumbled. Everyone just looked at eachother.

Shawn's POV

I knew no one would talk afterwards because everyone knew she practically was with Gilinsky. "I'll talk to her for you." Mahogany whispered making sure only her and I knew. I smiled and quietly said thanks. With that, my relationship with Athena was in Mahogany's hands.

Mahogany's POV

I head back to the room to talk to Athena.

"Hey I heard about Shawn." I said breaking the ice.

"Yeah well that happened." she mumbled.  "Why'd you say no?"

Athena's POV

"Why'd you say no?" Mahogany asked. No one knew why I always turned down things that could lead into relationships, mostly because I never told anyone. Mahogany would be the first and I trusted her, with everything.

"There's one main reason. Last time I trusted a guy with my feelings, my heart, he broke it. I gave my heart to Nick and he shattered it to pieces. I was blinded by love and I didn't notice. I thought he was going to take care of it, but he obviously didn't. And now, it's hard for me to trust anyone with my feelings. He was my best friend and he was the only person I opened up to. I haven't had a best friend that I could just tell things too and make me fell better." I said. Mahogany was silent.

"I'm sorry Athena. I didn't know. But if you do give Shawn a chance, he'll treat you like a princess. He'll take care of your beautiful heart. I don't know much, but I do know he's madly in love with you." Mahogany said staring at me. "Just give him a chance. He'll prove that he's worthy enough to call you his. He'll prove how much he cares about you, how much he loves you."

"I'll think about it." I said ending our conversation.

A/N:

Thanks for 2.5k reads! Thanks for reading

-Cristina