Chapter Twelve

"Vader?"

Padmé peeked into the luxury box, seeing her boss/secret boyfriend sitting with his back to her in one of the plush chairs, a glass in his hand. "Come in, babygirl..." His voice was low and raspy; he sounded a little more than exhausted to her. She walked over to his side, gently taking the drink from his hand and setting it on the coffee table. "Is everything okay, V?" The songstress took a knee beside him, worry swirling in her hazel-brown eyes. He shook his head as he leaned down, bringing her up into his lap bridal style. "Obi-Wan was here."

"Ben?" Padmé was shocked; she hadn't spoken to him since their scuffle in the alley. "What happened?" She tried to sit up on his thigh, but he had other ideas; the Sith cradled her to his shoulder, stroking her silky tresses. "He snuck into the club, my boys brought him up here, and we talked for a bit." Vader pressed his lips against her temple, the hand on her thigh moving up and down her exposed skin. "He came for you..."

"I don't know what to say." She confessed, nuzzling her face against the crook of his neck. "You don't have to say anything. He left in one piece and neither of us got hostile, just bitter and nostalgic." He assured her, continuing to rub her smooth thigh comfortingly. "Anyways, enough about Obi-Wan. Tomorrow marks one week together and I want nothing more than to focus on you." The Sith kissed her head, feeling her smile atop his shoulder. "What do you want to do? It's an off night so we can do whatever you'd like, babygirl." Tweety sat up on his lap, one of her hands holding his opposite cheek; she bit her lip as he kissed her palm. "As long as it's just us, I don't care... I'd rather not spend it here though if it's all the same to you."

"Where do you want to go?" Vader smiled, leaning into her soft hand. "Hmm... what's some place you haven't shown me yet?" Padmé blushed at his smirk; his heated gaze never failed to make her feel like the only woman in his world. "Well, I can think of a few places... How about I surprise you, hmm? Can you trust me?"

"Of course, I can."

The gang leader paused, gently grabbing her chin. "Do you trust me, babygirl?" His girlfriend bit her lip again, tempting him to also take a nibble. "Yes..." She whispered, grinning when he tugged her closer for a kiss. Vader finally felt peace when their lips met; it was sweet and innocent, reassuring even. Sure, the usual sparks flowed between them as they always did when they touched, but the intensity only added to their passionate exchanged. Padmé too felt at peace, being in her favorite place in the world - the arms of her favorite person. She felt safe in his embrace, comfortable in his hold, and undeniably adored in his stormy gray-blue eyes.

"In that case..." Vader broke the kiss, his forehead pressed against hers still as he tugged her lower lip down with his thumb. "Let Daddy handle it."

"Daddy?" Padmé couldn't help but snicker. "What the hell, V?"

"We'll talk about it later, baby. It's about time we get you home anyway..." Vader stood up, still cradling his lady love to his broad chest. "But Vader, I just-" Her words fell on deaf ears, her voice silenced by a rough kiss from her beau.

"Later, Padmé... Tomorrow night to be exact."

><

"Mé, Vader's downstairs waiting for you in the cafe."

Jobal walked into her daughter's bedroom, finding Padmé in front of her vanity. The twenty-two-year-old was finishing up her makeup, swiping on a watermelon colored lipstick when her mother walked in. She'd already done her hair in uniform curls and braided the top section of hair back. For her outfit, the performer had on a sleeveless, leather crop top, distressed jean short shorts, and a pair of eye-catching heels that matched her lips. "How do I look, Mom?" Padmé turned around, spritzing on some of her favorite jasmine-and-vanilla perfume. "Beautiful as always... What's the occasion?" Jobal came closer, her brows raised in suspicion. "The only time you ever coordinate your makeup with your shoes is a special occasion." She paused, smirking at her caught as she clasped a dainty necklace around her neck.