Chapter Thirteen-and-a-Half (NSFW)

"Basically, in every relationship - whether realized or not, there's always a partner that's more dominant and a partner that's more submissive." Vader began, still playing with the ends of her hair. "While I've never been in a serious relationship where I felt comfortable enough to bring it up, something about you forced me to start acting like a Daddy Dom from the moment we met." He bit his lip, glancing up at her hazel-brown eyes. "I just felt this overwhelming need to protect you and keep you close, which is part of it... It wasn't until that scum was dragged into the box that I realized it was you that I wanted." He saw Padmé tense up. "Lay down with me, babygirl." Padmé did as she was told, curling up beside him. Vader laid on his back, one hand on her waist while the other remained to play her hair. It seemed to calm her down so he continued. "By the time they finally dragged Mas out, I actually recognized my dominance coming out with you... just in a softer way." He pressed his lips to her head. "Still with me?"

"Yes, sir..." Padmé relaxed against him, half-laying over his side. "Good... Anyways, my first slip up after this was when you signed the contract the next day." He continued his explanation, only to be interrupted. "You said that I was yours as soon as I signed the last dotted line... Why me? Why not someone else?" Padmé mumbled against his chest. "Because just as I said to you in the cave," Vader gently took her chin between his fingers, making sure their eyes were locked. "I can't keep suppressing myself, Padmé. It's you I want to see happy. It's you that I want to protect from everyone else. It's you I want to take care of... If I haven't made it clear enough, baby, I don't want anyone else but you." Padmé bit her lip, squeezing her eyes shut. "No one's ever wanted me before... The boys growing up on Naboo said I was too little, that I looked like a baby and that's all they could see me as. Here on Scarif, everyone just... treated me like a passing thought. Plus, it doesn't help that Ben's my self-proclaimed older brother - people on that side of town are scared of him."

"Obi-Wan's definitely not someone you want to cross." Vader chuckled, content to cradle her close. "My point is... no one has ever shown interest in me of any kind so it's still hard to understand and realize that you... want to be with me." Padmé kept her eyes glued to the front of his broad chest. "Well, baby, think of it this way..." Her beau tried to put a positive spin on it. "Now I can be your first and you don't have to deal with immature little boys. No, doll... now, you have me." Vader cupped her jaw. "While I might be a little... particular about our relationship, I can show you how it's supposed to be - dating someone and being in a serious relationship."

"I feel like we're moving so fast, almost too fast." Padmé pushed herself up and out of his embrace, putting some distance between them. "We've only been together for a week, V..." She sat on the edge of the bed, her back to him. "I just..." Her chest began to feel tight, breathing becoming a little more difficult. "I don't understand-"

"Hey, hey, hey..." Vader felt her skyrocketing anxiety as he moved over towards her. "Take a deep breath for me, babygirl." He scoots past her and ended up kneeling in front of her. "It's okay, you're okay... We're okay, aren't we?" She brushed her finger under one eye, trying to keep her tears to a minimum. "I-I'm sorry, V-Vader." He shook his head, taking her hands in his own. "You've done nothing wrong, Padmé. I didn't mean to overwhelm you, I shouldn't have even brought this up until later." The Sith paused, kissing her soft hands. "We can move slower than a bantha if it means you're gonna feel comfortable being with me... I didn't mean to rush things. I just, I know I've acted strange and have said things that might've struck a strange chord." She nodded, taking a calm (gasping) breath. "Please don't cry, baby... it hurts me to see you so sad." He pleaded, restricting himself in order to keep from smothering her.

Padmé leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, nuzzling her face against his shoulder. "Hold me, please." Vader began to stand up, carefully cradling her to him. "I gotcha... just relax. Let's try to watch the movie, okay?" He slowly walked back around to his side of the bed, using his mind to turn down the blankets. The Sith slowly laid back against the pillows, his girl still clinging to him as she laid in the middle. One of his large, warm hands brushed over her head, the other firmly around her middle after he brought the blankets up. "Calm down, baby... Daddy's got you." He whispered, kissing her head. Padmé seemed to nuzzle closer to him when he spoke, seeking his comfort. "Promise you won't leave too?"