Chapter Twenty-Six

Later that evening, Vader, Padmé, Satine, and Ben were getting ready to leave for the club. The Sith opted for his usual all-black attire, deciding on a muscle tee and combat boots to switch things up. The Jedi residing in his home threw on a beige tunic, brown pants, and leather boots. They were waiting on the girls to come downstairs, Jobal and Qui-Gon keeping them company (and from fighting) in the den.

Upstairs in the singer's glam room, both Padmé and Satine were finishing up at the makeup vanity. For Tweety's glam, she chose to do a matte cut-crease with thick-winged liner, precise contouring, a wet-looking highlight, and dark red liquid lipstick. Despite not knowing what her beau would be wearing tonight, Padmé had unintentionally picked out a corresponding ensemble. Her outfit included a black body-con dress that hugged her curves like a second skin, black pumps, and gold accessories. "Should I leave my curls down or try to put them in some style?"

Satine looked up from the mirror, screwing the cap back on to her own liquid lipstick. Contrasting her brother's girlfriend entirely, the blonde beauty kept her makeup minimal: wispy lashes and barely-there nude shadow, light contouring, a gold shimmer on the high points of her face and peachy-brown lips. She wore a nude-colored body-con dress in the same style as Padmé's: sleeveless, semi-backless and tight until it reached her knees. "Leave it down, maybe? Just put some smoothing serum on them and make sure the top isn't frizzy." She went over to the singer's shoe wall, surveying her options for footwear. (Despite being taller than her step-brother's love, both women sported the same size in shoes.) Without having to use the step ladder, Satine pulled down a pair of matching nude wedges and a pair of brown, strappy sandals. "Which ones?"

"Sandals. You don't need to tower over me even more." Padmé teased, running her fingertips through her curls as a finishing touch. "Hoops or studs?"

"Hoops. Bracelet or Chrono?"

"Bracelet. Sweet or spicy perfume?"

"Well, what does my baby brother like?" Satine fastened the sandals around her ankles. "V never really mentions... Mix?" Padmé held up the pink and red vials. "Mix." While the brunette spritzed and shimmied through the two scents, her blonde counterpart eyed the perfumes on the vanity. "If I were to wear a perfume, which one would you suggest?" With a Cheshire grin on her face, Tweety set her bottles back on the rack. "Well, since you're going to be with Ben all night, go for something that doesn't smell like a confection. I used to wear this sugary sweet body mist and he hated being around me when I was wearing it... Unless you want him to keep his distance."

"I'll just use a little bit of your spice and call it a day." Satine rolled her eyes, spritzing the warm scent over herself as a finishing touch. "Alright, ready?"

"Mhmm..."

~

Later at the club, Satine and Padmé were dancing together on the glass stage. Their respective men were upstairs in Vader's box, Rex and a few others have called a last-minute meeting. The Sith's beta brought along his woman for the night, Ahsoka finally having made her way downstairs. "Ahsoka!" Padmé greeted the alien, signaling one of the stage guards to help her up. "Padmé, it's so good to see you again." The Togrutan embraced the singer as she greeted the other woman. "Satine, right?"

"That's me, nice to see Rex's finally acting like a man." The blonde helped the two smaller women get their footing on the glass. Padmé didn't have a full setlist since they were hosting two other couples that evening, so the stage would only be for dancing and the occasional song if they felt like a show. After meeting Ahsoka and deciding that modifications were needed for her talents, two smaller platforms were built off the sides. Coming down from the near six stories of the boxceiling were two dancer's poles, both shining and ready for some of the club's performers to take them for a spin. Luckily, Satine was one step ahead of the others. "Hey Cortez, bump somethin' hot!" She yelled over to him, leaving Padmé and Ahsoka dancing together on the main stage. As she took a swing around the leftmost pole, the meeting upstairs continued on obliviously.