Chapter XIII

Chapter 13: ‘Hug’

*Shinichi*

After cleaning our room, as what Gray said, he lent us some clothes to wear and took a bath after.

“Shinichi, sorry for what happen,” Gray apologized for the nth time. “We really didn’t expect that she’ll arrive today,” he added while scratching the back of his neck.

I shook my head and smiled at him. “No. It’s fine since we owe you guys for saving us back there,”

“Well, we are going at the town tomorrow since we will deliver the eggs. Do you want to come?” he asked.

Well, since we’ll be staying here for awhile, why not visit the town right? “Sure! I would love to,” I answered, feeling the excitement to see something different. “I’ll tell Miyano about that later,”

He then nodded at me and carry the cleaning tools he brought earlier. “Then, we will just wait for the two of you tomorrow before going there,” he said and I nodded as a response.

As I lay comfortably here at the small sofa at the room, I heard the door from the bathroom opened, revealing Miyano. She’s busy drying her hair, not noticing my stares at her. ‘Is that Miyano?’

She’s just wearing simple clothes but…

Woah! I didn’t really think she’s that beautiful.

When she gazed at my direction, I automatically looking away, whistling sheepishly, hoping she didn’t caught me staring at her beauty. “Kudo?” she mumbled and said something after, that I didn’t catch up. I was so caught up in her eyes that were beautifully looking back at me, an unknown emotion was dancing.

===

*Shiho*

My forehead creased when I didn’t hear Kudo-kun answered back. I crossed my arms and stared back at him. “Say, how many times would I have to tell you that staring is rude?” I asked him, faking an annoyance since I’m really panicking inside because of the way he stares at me.

“Kudo-kun?”

“Hey?”

He’s acting strange.

“Shinichi?” I called him again using his first name. Maybe in that way he’ll wake up from his daydream.

He hastily shook his head, breaking away from his trance. He nervously stared at me before letting out an awkwardly smile. “Y-Yeah?” he said, embarrassed.

I frowned because of his actions. You’re hiding something. I narrowed my eyes at him making him looked away. “Nothing,” I answered. Never mind.

When we walked back at Gray’s house, we spotted the old woman who looks like waiting for us. “There you are!” the old woman said when she saw us.

“Good afternoon.” Kudo-kun said in a formal tone and bowed at her. I just did the same, greeting the intimidating old lady.

“Hmm. Good afternoon!” the old woman greeted and glanced at the married couple. “Leave us alone,” the old woman uttered. Amber and Gray gave us a knowing look and I nodded at them while Kudo-kun just smiled.