Chapter XIV

Chapter 14: ‘Shut up and Dance’

*Shinichi*

As Shiho I mean M-Miyano walked away, the kids began to tease me again.

“Now, Kuya do you like Shiho-neechan?” Cj asked.

“Don’t worry it’s only between us,” Charnel said.

“Yep! Yep! A secret!” Fear cheerfully statedss.

“Okay! Fine! Fine! But don’t be too loud kids,” I hushed them and secretly stole a glance at Miyano.

“So what now Oniichan?” Cj impatiently asked.

“Yes, I like he—”

“KYAHHHHH!” They shouted.

“S-Shhhhh!”

“You like her? You like her?” Fear asked, excitedly.

“Yes, but as my bestfriend, my partner,” I answered.

“Awwwww” the kids look disappointed.

“I don’t think so,” Grant stated.

“Unbelievable,” Charnel said.

“Yeah! Yeah!” Cj and Fear agreed.

“You’re lying Kuya and that’s bad!” Cj pouted. I just shook my head and they all pouted.

“Oniichan? Oniichan?” Fear pulled my rim of my shirt.

“Yes?”

“Look,” she said and pointed something… No, someone. She pointed Shiho who’s carrying many baskets.

“Can you please help her?” she asked.

“O-Okay,” I said.

I walked towards her. Suddenly, we accidentally bumped at each other. It happened again. We were at a cliché position again.

“Tch. Clumsy,” I scolded and grinned.

She looked at me with a widen-eye and a tint of redness comes out in her face and I laughed at her. She realized our position and she quickly push me. I fall from the ground but I kept in laughing.

She blushed.

She’s getting cuter again.

Mind: Ehem! Like her as partner only huh?

Me: Hahaha.

Mind: Haha, don't blame me if suddenly realized that you're falling

W-what!’

“Ayieeeeeeee!” the kid cheered again.

I stopped laughing because of that thought! Where did it come from?

I looked at Miyano and quickly helped her picking the baskets.

“Next time, be careful, okay?” I said while picking the baskets.

“O-okay,” she awkwardly answered.

I snatched some of the baskets and accidentally hold her hand. I looked at her hand and looked at her.

‘Awkward’

I looked away and started to walked faster. When I glanced at the kids, they are all grinning at me and giving thumbs up. I mentally smiled and shook my head.

===

The next day, we woke up early as what we promise. We will join Gray in delivering eggs to the town.

We were now on our way to the town and I noticed some houses near Gray’s house.

‘I guess, planting is one of their business here’

There are so many rice fields here. There are also different crops at the other houses.

“During festivals all the people are gathered in the town to celebrate it together,” Gray said.

“The way to the town and city is different. And still, the road to the city is still blocked, so I guess it will take weeks before they can clear it,” Gray added.

“So here we are,” he said as he turned off the engine. I looked around and noticed that their town is too lively.

Vendors are shouting everywhere, selling their product to the tourists.

“You can go around if you want, let’s just meet each other here later, Grant want some new toys so I’ll see you later,” Gray said, picking the box of eggs.

“Here’s the money if you want to buy something,” he said and gave me his coin pouch. “Date her too,” he whispers and looked at Miyano.

“T-Thank you, I guess?” I awkwardly said. He then tapped my shoulder and bid goodbye to Miyano.

We were just walking around looking at the foods they’re selling. They sell these rice cakes, well, different kinds of rice cakes.

“Puto! Puto!”
“Ay Bibingka! Bibingka!”
“Try this Maja! This is delicious!”
“Kalamay! Kalamay!”
“Do you think it’s delicious?” I asked Miyano while looking at the rice cakes. That Maja have a two different color, a white and violet.

She shrugged and continued looking around. “Then why don’t you buy one so you’ll figure out,” she answered, teasingly.

“Tch, this is Gray’s money. I don’t want to spend someone’s money,” I muttered. “Well, you—”

“YEEEEEY!” We looked at the direction from where the music came from. Crowds are shouting. Looks like there’s a parade happening.

♪Oh! Don’t you look back just keep your eyes on me!
I said ‘You’re holding back’
She said ‘Shut up and dance with me’ This woman is my destiny.
She said ‘Oh! Oh! Shut up and dance with me♪

Then suddenly someone pulled us and they started to dance. At first, we didn’t know what to do, but we do what the others do.

I looked at Miyano and she shyly dances with others. But there is the smile in her face.

‘Ah! That smile!’

I keep smiling while dancing. I asked someone why are they doing this and they said that they want to give thanks for the good harvest they got. They share the extra fruits and they also give rice cakes.

“Do you want?” Miyano suddenly asked. She’s giving me some kind of rice cake again?

“I’m not giving you the whole Suman, just take a bite and enjoy dancing again,” she added. Naaah! Fine! She’s not giving it, she’s just offering.

I take a small bite and smiled when I thought that it’s delicious. I started walking and just followed the crowd. Since we didn’t know this place, we will just join them to go around the plaza.

Someone put a headdress on my head. “Just a small remembrance, my friend,” he said before smiling widely at me. I’m amazed on how friendly they are. They just kept on smiling and laughing each time they pass people.

♪Oh! We were born to be together
Born to be together♪

They put their arms at each other’s shoulder and they started dance together again. When I glanced at Miyano, she’s now holding another rice cake. Tch. She’s still busy eating. Someone might be gave it to her.

♪She took my arm, I don’t know how it happen we took the floor and she said
Oh! Don’t you dare look back just keep your eyes on me
I said ‘You’re holding back’
She said ‘Shut up and dance with me’
This woman is my destiny
She said ‘Oh! Oh!’ ♪

A naughtiness comes out of my mind. I remove the headdress and put it into her and I put my arm around her shoulder. I pulled her closer to me and before she can say anything, I sang the last lyrics. “Shut up and dance with me~” I said and grinned.