Chapter XXVI

Chapter 26: 'Confession'

*Shinichi*

It was a grave mistake to fall for someone like him.

Like what he said, I'm just his partner.

I angrily closed the door earning a loud thud. Just my partner? My foot! As if I only see her as my partner. I'm starting to hate that word.

"Yow, Kudo guy! Did you see—" I glared at Watson guy, shutting his mouth.

"Hmm. You're starting to be like Shi. Haha!" he joked, ignoring my death glare. "I'll help ya!" he suddenly uttered and smirked.

===

*Shiho*

I hate you.

That's the last thing I heard at Kudo-kun and that's the last time, he talked to me. After that the detective never dared to talk. He's giving me a cold shoulder whenever we looked at each other.

I can't blame him. He has the rights to hate me but for some reason I want to ask why. Why does he hate me? Is it because of what I said or something?

It concerns him!
You're giving him a hard time!

For some reason, Math's voice echoed in my mind. Maybe he— No. That's impossible... right?

I grunted while carrying this pretty light box. Please insert the sarcasms! Gray asked us to give him a hand and bring these boxes to their storage room.

"Kudo guy!" Watson shouted and waved his hand. When I glanced at Kudo-kun who's carrying a box too, he's wearing a bored look while looking at Watson.

Since yesterday I've noticed that they grew close at each other. "Watson guy? Kudo guy?" Math asked and looked at the two guys. "What a cute endearments, huh?" she teased, earning glares from the two.

"Here, I'll get this," Watson said and takes the box from Kudo. "Now, now. Go help, Shi and get rid of those boxes." He commanded. Kudo frowned and glared at him. Watson laughed and playfully pushed him.

Kudo silently walked towards and grabbed the box on my hand. He accidentally touched my hand but he didn't flinched.

"What?" he coldly asked, still frowning? "N-Nothing,"

===

It's just twelve noon in the afternoon and we just finished eating our lunch. I'm with Watson, Math and Kudo and we're here at the peak of the hill taking our rest. Kudo was silently sitting at the bench beside Math and the other two are arguing.

"Ah, I know, I know!" Math exclaimed all of a sudden. She stands up and walked to the tree and did she just open something? "Tada!" she shouted and sat beside Kudo again. "Shin! Shin! Let's play," she said and opened the chess board.

"Oi! Oi! Let me join! I wanna play!" Watson whined and pulled me. "Let's play this with partner," he said and sat across them.
Math glared and held Shinic— I mean K-Kudo's arms. "I want Shinichi!" she shouted and pulled him closer. I glared at her hand that's holding Shi— KUDO's arm and silently wished if I could break tho—