Chapter XVIII

Chapter 18: ‘Cleared’

*Shinichi*

Something’s wrong.

It been days and she’s ignoring me. Yep. She’s really ignoring me. Haibara Ai or I should say Miyano Shiho is ignoring me!

I didn’t know the reason but after Math and I talk about you know. We saw them standing outside. Watson’s face shows no emotions that were new to me. Miyano? She’s not looking at me and been trying to ignore my presence.

“Mr. Kudo!” Math suddenly shouted.

“Holy sh— Why are you shouting?!” I asked.

She sits beside me and sigh. “Did you notice it?” She asked and looked at me. “They’re ignoring us, right?” she added.

I nodded in response. So it’s not only me who notice it. She also noticed it. “When I asked him, he said he’s busy with something. But I’m not satisfied by his answer,” she stated.

“She also said that to me. But that reason didn’t satisfy me too,” Why do they ignore us? What’s the real reason?

“I’d seen them lately at the field. They been laughing and smiling at each other except your Shiho. She just shook her head at that idiot Watson,” she pouted.

Tch. So they are together again. “Stop pouting! It doesn’t suit you pft,” I teased her.

“You are no fun!” She shouted and hit me.
“Ah! I have an idea! Hahaha!” she suddenly utters. “Why don’t we ruin their quality time? Then you stole your girl! What do you think?”

“M-My girl? Tss. Shi— I mean Miyano’s not my girl, okay?”

“Whatever. If you don’t want then don’t. Hmpt! We need to make things clear! You dense detective!”

“Oi! Oi! What did you said?” Did she call me dense? Huh? She calls me dense?

I chased her and she quickly run to the field. Fine. If this is what she want! “I want them to get jealous,” she said when she stopped and put her arms around my shoulder.

“Awwwww! Nii-chan! You’re not fair! I thought you like Shiho-neechan?” Cj shouted. He’s with Grant and others and that caught all the attention.

Watson and Shiho stops laughing when they see us. I looked at Math and she playfully pushed me away. I laughed at her. Looks like her idea work.

“Excuse me,” Watson interrupted and pulls Math with him. Math grinned and winks at me.

“Tch.” I secretly smiled when I heard someone hiss near me. Miyano.... Miyano.... Miyano...

I looked at her and can’t help but smile. My heart is beating fast again. “What?!” she coldly asked.

Instead of answering her question, I grabbed her hand and pulled her somewhere. “You know, I’m getting used of this,” I said and squeezed her hand.

“W-What?” She stuttered. “Walking around here in farm, I mean,” I answered. It’s a double meaning, woman. I think I’m getting used of holding your hand. I wanted to add.

We silently sat at the picnic bench in the hill. “What?” I asked, more like teasing her when I notice that she’s still looking at me. “Staring is rude.” I added, smirking at her.
She glared at me and crossed her arms.

“What do you want? Why did you bring me here?” She coldly asked.

“Why? There’s nothing wrong if I brought you here,” I answered casually. Lately, I’m too bothered what she’s doing with that guy but now... “I want to be with you, baro,” I whispered and looked away.