Chapter XXXII

Chapter 32: ‘Betrayed’

*Shinichi*

It’s almost time for us to leave and go at the party. Everything’s going according to our plan. Jodie-sensei already secured Hakase’s and other protection. “Hey, love,” I whispered.

My eyes met her beautiful turquoise orbs. I heaved a sigh and hold her hand. “I-It’s almost time to leave but…” She looked at me with her curious eyes.

“Can you first promise me something?” I asked and stared at her. “Shiho, promise me that you won’t leave me,” I said in low tone and intertwined our hands.

She also looked at our hands and smiled. She nodded and tightened her grip. “I promise,” she said and smiled again.

“Let’s go?”

9:00 pm

“Good evening, everyone. We are right in *** Port and one of the biggest party held by the Suzuki’s corporation are going to happen right here with this big cruise ship behind me,” The reporter said while different individuals were walking at the red carpet.

It is a masquerade party theme and all of us are wearing red mascara. “Kudo.” Shiho whispered as she held my hand tighter. She’s wearing black hair wig to prevent someone to recognize her with her bloody red mask.

I looked at her and smiled as I tightened my hold on her hand. “Don’t worry, just stay beside me and you’re going to be fine,” I said to reassure her. She let out a small smile and nodded.

“Are you sure that Kid is going to appear here?” I heard one of the police asked. They were all looking around, checking if there’s any trace of the thief. Well, I’m sure he’s in disguise. We decided not to inform all the police forces about our plan. Only those who can we can trust and know the problem with BO.

“Shinichi.” Hattori called and puts his arm on my shoulders. “No traces of Kid?” he whispered on my ears.

I shook my head and frowned. I moved away from his side to remove his arm on my shoulders. He just laughed and tapped my back. “You sure are tricky eh?” I whispered and smirked. “Kaito Kid,” Shiho said in low tone.

“He never calls him by his first name,” Shiho said in her bored tone and pointed at me. “And we sure know where he is right now,” she added and shrugged.

Kid snorted and shook his head. “Fine, you two lovers got me,” he said and surrendered. I just shook my head and looked at my wrist watch. It say’s 9:15 pm and the party was about to start from 9:30 pm.

“Should I tell my perfect plan now?” Kid asked.

===

We walked at the red carpet with this fake Hattori beside me. When we arrived inside the ship, the fancy vibe of the event welcomed us. “Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen!” the emcee shouted and the crowd cheered.

“It’s showtime,” Kid whispered as the lights gone off along with the cheers of the crowd. He said that he planned to do his part after the introduction. He said that it would be better if the cruise will not leave the port so he’ll try to distract the people.

The others police forces who knows our real motive are now at their respective places, while Hattori prevented our friends to come here that’s why he’s not with us.

“Let’s go, Shiho.” I whispered and hold her hand. She looked at me and nodded.

The lights opened and we heard someone shouted. “KAITO KID!” Someone shouted as they saw his card at the small stage. “The one and only!” he said and smirked. “Catch the thief!” One of the police shouted and they followed Kid.