(Almost) Kiss & Meet

A nice shirt and skirt mixed with a pair of flats made Illyana feel comfortable enough to interview the 'Ezra & his Band of Sucking Vampires' as she affectionally called them.

The redhead tidied up the place a little more, making sure it was pitch perfect - at least to her picky eye.

The pizza boxes were out, next to the beers which were placed in front of the paper cups and plates.

Illyana rearranged the portraits and sprayed Airwick all over the living room. She made sure there was nothing funky with the couch, and that the kitchen was looking top-notch. Yes, Illyana was picky, but today, she was extremely militant with herself. She turned to see the clock which read 7:58. Two minutes to go. Illyana inhaled and exhaled slowly.

"Dammit, Illyana. Don't be nervous. Be professional."

*DINGDONG*

The familiar sound of the doorbell rang.

Ezra

She ran a hand down her shirt and skirt before running to the door and opening it widely. With a cocky grin, faded blue collar shirt and black jeans, the handsome Ezra Koenig stood in front of Illyana - steps away from the inside of her SoHo apartment.

"You're right on time," Illyana said, putting her hand on her waist.

Ezra furrowed his brow, keeping his right hand hidden behind his back. "No hello, Illyana? Or a kiss?" He winked, revealing the object he hid behind his back - red roses. "Thought it'd be a nice gift; Red roses for a lovely girl," Ezra said, handing Illyana the roses.

The woman stared at the flowers, filled with surprise and awe.

Why, why is he hellbent on killing me?

"T-thank you, Ez. I see they're quite lovely!" Illyana said, grabbing the flowers gently. "I'll put them in a vase, make yourself comfortable," Illyana said, signaling Ezra to go into the apartment.

The frontman peaked his head through the door before entirely going in. "Lovely place you've got here, bambina," Ezra said, nodding as he admired the portraits hanging from the walls. They varied from pictures of Illyana with many celebrities whom Ezra recognized, to article cutouts, which he reasoned were Illyana's first or most important articles.

"Thanks!" Illyana yelled from the kitchen, grabbing an empty vase and filling it with water. "It's pretty pricey but hey, I can afford a luxury or two when all I do is look for bargains," Illyana chuckled.

"Thrift store hipster?" He yelled back. Ezra looked at the bookshelf near the window, which had a wide variety of books: King, Steinbeck, Bradbury, Freud and even Shakespeare. It impressed Columbia English Major Ezra.

"Nice, she's extremely smart," Ezra told himself.

On top of the bookshelf, Ezra found a record collection of some of the greatest artists of all time - The Black Keys, The Strokes, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, Queen, John Lennon, although the most surprising was, perhaps a Jazz record which found itself on the corner of the shelf.

"Something like that. More like still paying my college loans. But to be honest, I didn't think you'd be punctual," Illyana said, laughing lightly.

Ezra turned around and smiled, shoving his hands down his pockets. "But I said I would be! My word is a promise!" Ezra admired Illyana's gorgeous smile, still taken away by the redhead's beauty.

"You're just so... Unexpected," Illyana said, leaning against the wall.

"Am I? I think you're quite unexpected yourself. I didn't know you were a Jazz girl," he pointed to the record and smirked.