19 - Raphael

As soon as Donnie left, we finished the girl's room. Mikey had brought in a few things for Mikito. Quite a few, honestly. He had brought in some action figures, a lamp that had the shade a little busted, a lot of pillows, and comic books. I picked up one of them, curious to see which ones they were and if I had read them or not. I had. They weren't that good.

It got me thinking that maybe Naomi may want some valuables. Leo left. Maybe he was getting the same idea. Either way, I had no idea what got into him earlier. Going to my room, I scrounged through what I had. Of course I was going to keep my drum set. I guess I could spare some blankets, some of my own comic books that I probably didn't want to read again, and some training wraps. Wow. I really didn't have a lot. Wonder what Leo spared.

As I set the items in the box, putting the blankets on top, Spike came up. I smiled. "No. You're not going to be given away." Gently, I picked up the smaller turtle. "You're mine." He made a soft clicking sound. "You wanna go see the room anyway?" Another clack. "That's fine." I set Spike on the blankets. "Just don't move." He plopped down on the soft fabric. Picking the box up, I went to the room.

Leo had spared a few blankets as well, a rug, and a nightstand. Mikey was busy organizing everything to where the girls could live comfortably. Who knew the Tuttle with the messiest room could make a room welcoming. It was amazing. I set my box down by the night stand. Spike clambered out and looked around.

The room was coming along nicely, actually. I was proud. It made me wonder if Donnie would donate anything to the girls cause. My arms crossed. They still needed beds, though. And Naomi more clothes. The ones she had now needed clean but she didn't want to walk around naked. I wouldn't understand why. We did all the time. Then again, we had shells. She didn't have anything.

Leo and I's eyes met for a moment. He looked away and said, "What are you thinking, Raph? That's your thinking face."

"He has one?" Mikey paused in his organizing to look at us with one of his goofy grins. I growled at him. He went back to work.

Turning then to Leo, I answered, "They need a bed still. Naomi needs clothes. What's Donnie gonna donate?"

My brother nodded his head. "Yeah. Pretty much what I was thinking." He paused. "What do you want to get?"

He was letting me pick? Wow. That was new. I shrugged. "I could any of them. But I'll be nice and help Naomi out and get her some clothes."

I heard a small breath from Leo. Was he upset at my decision? A smirk formed on my face. Wonder why it made him so upset?

"Then you're taking Naomi with you."

"Why?" I asked him.

Leo looked at me. "To make sure the clothes fit her?"

"Ah..." Was all I said. I nodded and turned to leave. Where would that lizard be?

"Raph," Leo stopped me. I paused and turned my head. "Be nice to her." I frowned at him. "You haven't been since they got here."

"Hey," I defended myself. "I'm warming up to them. I got this."

Finally I left the room. Naomi and Mikito would probably be in the dojo. If they were training, I could join for a little while. It wouldn't hurt. Walking up the steps to the dojo, I heard grunts and huffs. They were training!

Peeking in, the two were facing each other. Mikito had her hands up in a defensive position, Naomi with hers at her sides but ready to lunge at any moment. The defensive and offensive strategy. Good one, Sensei. As I watched, Naomi's tail moved to the side and flicked the end. Mikito's eyes followed it. The lizard took her opportunity and lunged at her opponent. They tumbled to the ground and rolled a little before Naomi had the turtle pinned.